Front suspension setup help for single track | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front suspension setup help for single track

Rob

As the title reads, I'm lookinf for a little setting up the front end. I have an 04 RMZ 250 and have been really liking the single track stuff these last couple weeks now that road racing is over. I noticed this last weekend that the front seemed to be pushing or washing out as I'm entering to mid corner.

It could be my technique as I'm still working on that but me thinks a properly set up frt would help.

Any advice?

It could be your tire choice for the terrain, I'm sure there's lots of slippery leaves down now. I was talking to John Sherrard when he was setting up my track bike and apparently the adjusters do a lot less then we think on dirt bikes, however I would try softening the compression and see if that helps take some pressure off the tire (unless your bottoming out). Oh ya, tire pressure plays a HUGE part too, what conditions/terrain and what psi are you running?

Thanks.
Front pressure is about 15 psi. Tires are new Bridgestones. I was in Simcoe forest on Sunday and the Ganny last week. Some leaves but not crazy amounts.

Question: What is the best of frt brakes on the trails, tight stuff?

Ya 15 is the max I'd ever run, I dont think I've ever run that high actually.Try 12 it should help a lot, if its really muddy even as low as 10 but no lower, just watch the big rocks.

I've only ever used oem or ebc but I can't remember the compound/model.

These pressures go for the rear too, trying to ride in muddy conditions with 15psi will have you spinning everywhere and it feels like your on ice. It's probably mucky and slick out there now so 12psi should get you around most places in the ganny with out too much sliding/spinning.

Thanks, I'll try them a little lower and see how it works.

Re: frt brakes. LOL. I wasn't asking about pads, I was asking about technique...

Oh lol, it's somthing you'll just kinda pick up, just like on the road, less pressure as you lean. Now that your not riding on balloons you'll be able to use it more without washing out or sliding into a tree lol. It's hard to describe a technique that you just do. Ill have my mx bike out next year (if I wasn't rebuilding my track bike I'd be out now) we should hook up for a ganny ride.

Hey Rob, if this something that suddenly started happening, have you checked the air release screw? If air builds up it can make the forks harsh and not work right.

Thanks Dave, I bleed those off before each ride...usually :) But I'll keep on a eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom