Front Street Parking Expert | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front Street Parking Expert

I like his style. This guy's good.
That's me beside him. I was a little surprised when I saw it, but since there was still room for me I didn't care too much. It's not the only unusual thing about how he left it either.
There is a requirement that it not be more than 60 degrees from the curb, but what does that actually mean? Does that mean you could park parallel to the curb, and up to 60 degrees out? I asked a parking control officer and he admitted they don't even look at that. Most often, we're all close to 90 degrees.

Which bike is being whined at? The yellow one?

Which bike is being whined at? The yellow one?
I hope not. I didn't start the thread, but I assumed it was the black one taking up more space than necessary. That's what I thought when I got there. Note the angle of the front wheel as well.

I hope not. I didn't start the thread, but I assumed it was the black one taking up more space than necessary. That's what I thought when I got there. Note the angle of the front wheel as well.

Ummm...the one parked like a car taking up enough spots for 2 other bikes. Everyone else is like Emefef, parking so someone else can slide in beside you.

I am not sure if I am about to hear justification but it would have to be really good. Like his bike was in an accident on the way to work and the rider no longer had the ability to turn right out of the parking spot.

Like his bike was in an accident on the way to work and the rider no longer had the ability to turn right out of the parking spot.

Perhaps that's true. The bars aren't turned in either direction.

This just reminded me of something related to the tip over on my previous bike. We always think cagers are at fault but the last time my bike was reversed into was because of a biker! I was parked on the street, and a car was parked front of me, seems normal..until later that day an idiot who rides an ugly *** cruiser decides to park his bike right in between the car parked car in front of me and the next car...so he basically trapped that cager in between his bike and mine.. and because the driver of the car didn't care to pay attention as usual she just reversed to get out or else she would hit the bike front of her. sry back to the topic I guess, that black bike looks like it can be pushed over with bearly any effort..maybe this was a 1 min temp stop or something? Who knows..

I would say that technically the yellow one would be more likely to get a ticket in July.
Especially if that post is the parking limit. The regular Green Hornets around there are pretty good, but when they go on vacation, their substitute can be more picky, as they're usually trying to earn a full-time spot.

Don't forget if the black bike parks too close to 90, that box will hang over the sidewalk. If everyone is parked at the same angle say 75 degrees, it doesn't make a huge difference of space between 75 and 90, and it usually makes it easier to get out and rolling. Also, the longer bikes don't stick out into traffic. If you ever park on Mercer Street don't park at 90 degrees. Freight trucks like to park on the opposite side of the road and eat lunch/chill/etc, and taxis use it as a shortcut. What this frequently means is that cars are squeezing between the truck and the bikes with a couple of inches of clearance on either side. A bike that sticks out is going to get hammered.

I would say that technically the yellow one would be more likely to get a ticket in July.
Especially if that post is the parking limit. The regular Green Hornets around there are pretty good, but when they go on vacation, their substitute can be more picky, as they're usually trying to earn a full-time spot.

Don't forget if the black bike parks too close to 90, that box will hang over the sidewalk. If everyone is parked at the same angle say 75 degrees, it doesn't make a huge difference of space between 75 and 90, and it usually makes it easier to get out and rolling. Also, the longer bikes don't stick out into traffic. If you ever park on Mercer Street don't park at 90 degrees. Freight trucks like to park on the opposite side of the road and eat lunch/chill/etc, and taxis use it as a shortcut. What this frequently means is that cars are squeezing between the truck and the bikes with a couple of inches of clearance on either side. A bike that sticks out is going to get hammered.

The post isn't the limit. I don't think either was at risk of a ticket, it's just that the yamaha was taking up more room than anyone else that regularly parks along that strip.

Interesting point about hanging over the sidewalk. I'm reasonable certain (but I will check) that when the bylaw was amended to make parking free, it stated that the rear wheel had to be against the curb. So if you put your wheel against the curb, could you get a ticket for hanging over?

Dear Silver Vespa & Black Speed Triple. Thank you both for parking like complete ******** on front today. I know it wasn't my parking that was bad, I was there first.

Vespa so close on my left I had to get on bike from the right.
Speed triple on my right for being 90deg to the curb making the front of your bike so close I could not move mine more than a couple of inches without hitting your clutch lever/bar end, preventing me from even being close to straightening up to move forward or lift the side stand.

Thanks to the fellow biker for pulling the triple off the side stand enough for me to get out.

Back
Top Bottom