Fortnine Looks at Quality | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fortnine Looks at Quality

ReSTored

Another interesting video from Ryan.

Yeah, saw that, not impressed. No info on what kind of oil was being used (some manufacturers use syn on break-in, some dino oil). No graph so you can tell if displacement was a factor. They found wood and plastic fibre in some, but that could have come from the oil filters. Years ago there were guys doing particulate testing on oils on one site I frequented and there was a huge difference in each brand. Most syn is only partially syn unless you use Mobil1 or European Castrol. There's just too many factors to come to the kind of conclusion F9 did. I mean, over on the ADV forum there's KTM guys with trashed engines because of debris blocking oil passages on break in, but they finished top 3. If it's just manufacturing debris, that might just vary based on how lazy the hot-tank operator was on any given day. If it's small particulates, you're really looking at oil effectiveness IMO. Whatever though, I'm sure a lot of Enfield fans will take it and run with it.

At about 4:40 Ryan makes this statement "All these finalists [i.e. top 9 results] are within the margin of error of VDA 19"

Taking that statement literally would be in conflict with the conclusions he drew from the results

Also, the Linkedin profile he links in the description clearly reveals the manufacturer lab that he didn't want to name

Back
Top Bottom