Fork spring spacer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fork spring spacer

moarmoto

I'm planning to swap fork springs suited for my weight.

I got a pair of racetech springs but they don't come with spacers.

Reading bunch of forums I can use 1inch schede 40 pvc or abs pipes.

I've been to all the big box stores and smaller plumbing stores and they only sell them in 10ft length. I did find 3ft length abs pipes but no 1inch ones.

For those of you that's done something similar, where did you source a spacer material?

I mean I could probably just get 10ft. It's not that expensive at around 18 bucks, but I really have no use for that much.

How about union fittings, same store different shelf ;)

Are you referring to union pipe fittings? If I'm googling it right, I don't think those will work.

I haven't taken apart the forks yet so I don't know exactly the length I'll need. I'm trying to get the pipes in advance so I don't have to run out to a store in the middle of working on it.

It's probably a bit of a drive but I have a small metal turning lathe if you want to use it.

this is the thing I was thinking of hose-mender-straight-union-1-2-nylon.jpg

What size are the forks or dimensions of the spacer you think you need?

It's probably a bit of a drive but I have a small metal turning lathe if you want to use it.

this is the thing I was thinking of hose-mender-straight-union-1-2-nylon.jpg

What size are the forks or dimensions of the spacer you think you need?
Apparently the 1inch schedule 40 pvc pipe has outer diameter that fits into gladius/sv650 forks pretty nicely.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll just buy 10ft.

Ive been googling some diy stuff and I have a few ideas on what I can do with extra pipe.

Check in the electrical section. The gray 1" electrical conduit comes in Sched. 40. That's what I ended up using the last time. It comes in 6 foot lengths so you are still going to end up with 5 foot + left over :(

Check in the electrical section. The gray 1" electrical conduit comes in Sched. 40. That's what I ended up using the last time. It comes in 6 foot lengths so you are still going to end up with 5 foot + left over :(
Good to know, thanks
From websites of big box stores (lowes, home depot) it looks like they come in 10ft as well, bit cheaper.

I'll check them out in person.

Well, look at it this way, you'll end up with enough PVC pipe to adjust the sag on your next 10 bikes

when I got my springs from them for my SV650 they sent a short piece of thin wall stainless pipe and some washers to make the spacers out of. You could probably source some from a local Noble trade or NEXT plumbing.

Cut the remainder into short lengths, bag them up and sell them to all the other folks in a similar situation ? :)

Back
Top Bottom