Forgot to pay a ticket; suspension | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Forgot to pay a ticket; suspension

I had a suspension for late-payment on a ticket. It's considered an administrative suspension, and it never affected my insurance (this happened over 6 years ago, so if it did I would've known by now).

OP, I wouldn't sweat it.

I work for several insurance companies and having my license suspended due to the same SNAFU I can assure you it does not count against you. Admin suspensions won't affect your premiums. I spoke with several underwriters (TD & Unifund) they all said the same thing.
Don't sweat it.

Okay guys so which one is it, will it show on my abstract or not? Will it affect my insurance or not? I find it retarded that insurance companies can get away with jacking your rates up for something totally unrelated to how you drive, like getting a licence suspended for not paying a fine.

That might be better asked in the insurance forum.

I work for several insurance companies and having my license suspended due to the same SNAFU I can assure you it does not count against you. Admin suspensions won't affect your premiums. I spoke with several underwriters (TD & Unifund) they all said the same thing.
Don't sweat it.

What about the question: "Have you had your license suspended in the past three years?" on the quote forms? Something I just have to call in over?

I'm actually appealing the ticket itself to get rid of this suspension.

What about the question: "Have you had your license suspended in the past three years?" on the quote forms? Something I just have to call in over?

I'm actually appealing the ticket itself to get rid of this suspension.

Then your answer will be no. :)

Before you talk to an insurance company, go to a service ontario location, request a copy of your drivers abstract. There are two, the summary and the full one that goes back forever. Ask which ones the insurance companies have access to.

Why should you have any better information about your license status than the license grantor? If it's not on a record the insurance company has legal access to, it doesn't exist.

Before you talk to an insurance company, go to a service ontario location, request a copy of your drivers abstract. There are two, the summary and the full one that goes back forever. Ask which ones the insurance companies have access to.

Why should you have any better information about your license status than the license grantor? If it's not on a record the insurance company has legal access to, it doesn't exist.

You can order your abstract on the ServiceOntario website with a credit card and get it instantly. I believe it's the short one but that should be all insurance companies care about anyway

you know the reinstatement fee is 150 right....
its just an administrative suspension, no worries...

Back
Top Bottom