Foreign driving experience addition to get M license | GTAMotorcycle.com

Foreign driving experience addition to get M license

lufees

Hey, I wanted to ask from my fellow riders if riding experience could be added just like car driving experience can be added in order to be eligible to give the G license sooner. Can the same be done for Motorcycle licensing in order to shorten the wait period before being able to give the M exam.

Would greatly appreciate any help or information about this.

I think it depends on the country. My Australian car and motorcycle license transfered over, but they wouldn't transfer my heavy vehicle licence. That being said, they don't count out of country driving experience/record towards insurance so because I didn't do an m1 m2 or g1 g2 they rape you on insurance the first few years and some companies just make it not worthwhile all together.

Yeah well, they are trying to do the same with me... Just hurts to pay so much for insurance while being a safe driver. Its actually rape .

Get your M1 ASAP then book a course for your M2.

It's crap but it will save you money in the long run....

Welcome to Ontario insurance

Yeah well, they are trying to do the same with me... Just hurts to pay so much for insurance while being a safe driver. Its actually rape .

Try telling an insurance broker you have a full M licence but never did an M1 or M2... they don't even lube the premium before inserting.

By foreign experience do you mean while migrating to the country you show a driving extract from a foreign country and they give you a shot at G/M? I see you have done your M2 and afaik, you need to show your driving extract the first time you're at the drive test centre. The extract is valid only for 6 months and I don't think they entertain you later.

I had taken that route for my G and also had looked into getting an M license that way. But it's been 3 years so things may have changed.

Yes, exactly that. The said i can get the experience added any time for the G just wanted to confirm if it was the same for the M.

Yes, exactly that. The said i can get the experience added any time for the G just wanted to confirm if it was the same for the M.
Ah okay, it must be the same for M then. I had a driving extract from UAE (Dubai) and have both Indian and UAE car and motorcycle license. I did my G1 and M1 together, the drivetest rep asked me if I wanted to do the M directly or prefer M2. So I believe you can.

I chose not to proceed with a motorcycle then as I didn't have a job, else I would have just bought a motorcycle and did my M directly lol.

Back
Top Bottom