Follow along on our trip from Mississauga to California and hopefully back | GTAMotorcycle.com

Follow along on our trip from Mississauga to California and hopefully back

budgetracing

Site Supporter
Leaving for our trip tomorrow. I'll hopefully be posting pictures along the way.

I will be updating my blog for sure as i can upload pictures from my phone right to there.

http://californiamotorcycletrip.blogspot.ca/

Let me know what you guys think and if there is any place along the route that i should check out. As of right now i think pikes peak will be closed because of the forest fires.

I'm soo jealous that's similar to the trip i want to make but won't be able to for at least another year. What i would like to do is go west across Canada, then down from BC to California, then back east through the States and up from NY back to home at the end.

When you get to California stop by the beach cafe at Paradise Cove in Malibu. It's an awesome spot! http://www.paradisecovemalibu.com/beach-cafe/ It's right off the Pacific Coast Highway, you can ride the bikes almost right up to the beach to their parking lot and enjoy some refreshments. Oh, and Pamela Anderson lives there in the millionaires trailer park right above the beach, might bump into her.. lol!

Have a great and safe trip, will watch your blog. :)

PS; just read your blog and the list of items you are taking along. You mention extra shorts, sweatpants, gloves, raingear etc.. no mention of gear though, what are you wearing to ride? Are you riding squid all the way there?

Last edited:
Sorry i didn't list what i was wearing just packing. I am going half dressed for the trip with riding gloves and an icon textile jacket with leather arms. Jeans and shoes tho as i will be walking all over the place and don't have room for boots/extra shoes.

We were originally supposed to take 28 days but the guy going with me only had 21 days available for vacation. The original trip was instead of heading back home after San Francisco we were going to go up through Vancouver then home through Canada but we don't have enough time.

We made it to Tulsa last night. The highways here are really stupid. We were riding and out of nowhere a sign pops up saying pay the toll ahead. We never got an option.

Other than that its pretty hot down here. And boring.

See the blog for pictures and a lot more detail.

Nice. Looking to do a cross country trip next year as well so will keep an eye on your blog. Good luck with the trip.

Were in seaside now. Holy hell its packed for the race. The pch is a traffic jamb. If you wanted to ride that in before the race skip it. All you get to do is ride behind cars going slow.

Also I don't understand why everyone talks up mullholland so much buy no one has ever mentioned highway 2/newcombs ranch. If you guys ever get out here you have to go there. That's the only place so far I want to go back to.

Back
Top Bottom