Fold up trailer for towing HD? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fold up trailer for towing HD?

AGS

In Leduc next August is the national meet for dog agility, my wife's hobby. The meet ends just as Sturges starts. We would have to cage it there with the dog and equipment, but I could tow the Road Glide behind the CRV to ride after we get there. I would like to find a trailer that could be dismantled and stored on one of those luggage racks that fit into the trailer hitch so when I am riding, my wife does not have to cope with a light empty trailer bouncing around behind her. For example, if I were to ride the north shore of Superior and meet her down the road at the end of the day. Has anyone actually bought and used one of those trailers in a bag? Am I over thinking this?

Do the hitch mounted chock tow rigs work with your bike? Some bikes can't be towed on the rear wheel unless the motor is running (Lube issues). Check the weight on the TIAB they bag ful of stuff isn't light.

A lot of people including myself have expressed reservations about the thing but has anyone had a genuine bad experience?

I had a TIAB, the dual version which could be converted to a single trailer. It was very expensive compared to what else was out there, but it was very well made and I never had any worries that it was going to come apart on us on the highway. Probably put about 25,000 kms on it and only had to worry about changing tires. We trailered our sportbikes to The Gap one year, stuck the TIAB in the back of the truck, parked it somewhere and spent 5 days riding around the area never worrying about our trailer sitting in the open, taking up space or getting stolen.

The single TIAB weighs about 140 lbs, but because it comes apart in so many pieces, you can store individual pieces inside the car if your tongue cannot handle the weight of the entire TIAB. The heaviest piece is only 33lbs, but it's the wheel assembly and is really bulky. You probably want to put one of the flatter pieces in the back of the vehicle so it doesn't take up much room.

Let me know if you want more information.

Back
Top Bottom