Flying Squirrel | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flying Squirrel

To make it work people need to have the balls to tell the morons to cool it. Nicely of course.

I've done just that, a few times. Where I go, it hasn't been necessary all that often, but it has happened.

Generally, the people who are making too much noise, know they're doing it, and it seems to be different when another rider tells them to quiet down.

There used to be that place where you could go to fix your bike called er....can't remember it. Seems to be gone now. Then there was that meet that happened on the....of every month called.... eh, can't remember it either. Now there was that Hockley Store but it burned down round about...some time ago, can't recall if they rebuilt it. Losing my memory with all these fleeting motorcycle places. So this place in Leslieville, be nice if it lasts. Timing couldn't be better. Hopefully will have iced coffee.

Motosocial? Put on hold because of the pandemic, don't know what plans are for it. Tuesday at Burrito Boyz was an informal one, on hold because of the pandemic. Hockley General Store has reopened, although I'm not sure of its current status during stay-at-home. Higher Ground is temporarily closed (until March) because of the pandemic - in winter, they rely on skiers at the nearby ski resort, and that's closed because of the pandemic. At the moment we heed to make ... covid19 ... go ... away.

There used to be that place where you could go to fix your bike called er....can't remember it. Seems to be gone now. Then there was that meet that happened on the....of every month called.... eh, can't remember it either. Now there was that Hockley Store but it burned down round about...some time ago, can't recall if they rebuilt it. Losing my memory with all these fleeting motorcycle places. So this place in Leslieville, be nice if it lasts. Timing couldn't be better. Hopefully will have iced coffee.
Motorevere

I was hoping this would be a replacement of sorts for that, guess not

A DIY shop in Toronto is sorely needed

Motorevere

Today I found out they shut down their DIY space in October. That sucks, looked like a good fun time, a handful of buddies who rode and lived in TO gained some knowledge n friendship from there...
Hoping for more good news in the coming times

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Motorevere

Today I found out they shut down their DIY space in October. That sucks, looked like a good fun time, a handful of buddies who rode and lived in TO gained some knowledge n friendship from there...
Hoping for more good news in the coming times

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Thankfully the one in Barrie is doing really well.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Leslie and Lakeshore. It has been a common Thursday-evening gathering spot for a few years (when the idiots don't ruin it for everyone).

Bike meetups and moto 'hang out spots' are cool once in a while, but eventually (speaking for myself here) get boring. I've been to L&L, motosocial events, Higher Ground countless times. Now, I don't really bother. Maybe it's just the pandemic and the never-ending rules and restrictions on public gatherings. If I have a block of free time available to ride I'd much rather go riding than sit around sipping over-priced coffee ogling complete strangers' bikes, worrying if I forgot to bring my mask and enough hand-sanitizer. The 2020 COVID-era riding season was always: go out for a rip then go straight home, at least for me anyway.

Have to tell you, every time I see the thread title I'm disappointed it has nothing to do with Flying Squirrels or a 1930 Scott motorcycle

1930-scott_E.jpg

(y) There, Fixed it.

Bike meetups and moto 'hang out spots' are cool once in a while, but eventually (speaking for myself here) get boring. I've been to L&L, motosocial events, Higher Ground countless times. Now, I don't really bother. Maybe it's just the pandemic and the never-ending rules and restrictions on public gatherings. If I have a block of free time available to ride I'd much rather go riding than sit around sipping over-priced coffee ogling complete strangers' bikes, worrying if I forgot to bring my mask and enough hand-sanitizer. The 2020 COVID-era riding season was always: go out for a rip then go straight home, at least for me anyway.
I'm was not by any means close to a "saintly law abiding rider." However, you know what was fun about those meets? Listening to all the bullshitters "yo brah, I can take that ramp at 200, front wheel off the ground!" and watching people **** themselves when putting their money where their mouth was.

I also derived great joy in taking the sweeper position on random group rides and watching people almost plow themselves to death before cutting in front of them and signalling them to pull over with me so we can just chat (and they don't ******* die); nobody ever rejected this idea when I thought I should ask lol. There were also the guys at KC who had to make a badass entrance/exit by almost smashing (or actually smashing) into a bush.

And then there were the rare but definitely memorable experiences where everyone's skills lined up, I wasn't playing "watch the newbies", and all you heard was a group of angry hornets dragging knee in places they shouldn't on a group ride after a meet.

I'd totally do it again lol

Last edited:
I'm was not by any means close to a "saintly law abiding rider." However, you know what was fun about those meets? Listening to all the bullshitters "yo brah, I can take that ramp at 200, front wheel off the ground!" and watching people **** themselves when putting their money where their mouth was.

I also derived great joy in taking the sweeper position on random group rides and watching people almost plow themselves to death before cutting in front of them and signalling them to pull over with me so we can just chat (and they don't ******* die); nobody ever rejected this idea when I deemed I should ask lol. There were also the guys at KC who had to make a badass entrance/exit by almost smashing (or actually smashing) into a bush.

And then there were the rare but definitely memory experiences where everyone's skills lined up, I wasn't playing "watch the newbies", and all you heard was a group of angry hornets dragging knee in places they shouldn't on a group ride after a meet.

I should bring waivers and a camera next time

I also derived great joy in taking the sweeper position on random group rides and watching people almost plow themselves to death before cutting in front of them and signalling them to pull over with me so we can just chat (and they don't ******* die); nobody ever rejected this idea when I deemed I should ask lol. There were also the guys at KC who had to make a badass entrance/exit by almost smashing (or actually smashing) into a bush.

And then there were the rare but definitely memory experiences where everyone's skills lined up, I wasn't playing "watch the newbies", and all you heard was a group of angry hornets dragging knee in places they shouldn't on a group ride after a meet.

they're still crashing at KC, that left sweeper man..

if you know, you know.

they're still crashing at KC that left sweeper man..

if you know, you know.

I really shouldn't be laughing but it's hard not to lol

1938 Scott. And you thought Yamaha invented the 2 stroke LC

I also derived great joy in taking the sweeper position on random group rides and watching people almost plow themselves to death before cutting in front of them and signalling them to pull over with me so we can just chat (and they don't ******* die); nobody ever rejected this idea when I thought I should ask lol. There were also the guys at KC who had to make a badass entrance/exit by almost smashing (or actually smashing) into a bush.

And then there were the rare but definitely memorable experiences where everyone's skills lined up, I wasn't playing "watch the newbies", and all you heard was a group of angry hornets dragging knee in places they shouldn't on a group ride after a meet.

Yeah, I miss all that stuff too. Last year was so surreal on every level. Going to bike meetups — hell, anything at this point, would be a fun.

Back
Top Bottom