Flying Squirrel aka OTOMOTO (update) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flying Squirrel aka OTOMOTO (update)

Another alternative would be to disassemble your existing wheels and have the rims powder coated over the winter. PM me.
yah that was my plan after finding out the cost of the OEM rims. i got a quote from brightside customs who say its about $260 to powder coat the rims which is fine. the issue is these rims have spokes and they recommend removing them first. im not super familar with whats involved with that. gonna do a bit more research!

yah that was my plan after finding out the cost of the OEM rims. i got a quote from brightside customs who say its about $260 to powder coat the rims which is fine. the issue is these rims have spokes and they recommend removing them first. im not super familar with whats involved with that. gonna do a bit more research!
Taking them apart is easy. Putting them back together is a lot more work and requires some learning. Take lots of pics before you disassemble them so you don't need to reinvent the wheel when lacing them (how many spokes get crossed, which spokes go inside, which go outside, etc).

Last edited:
Taking them apart is easy. Putting them back together is a lot more work and requires some learning. Take lots of pics before you disassemble them so you don't need to reinvent the wheel when lacing them (how many spokes get crossed, which spokes go inside, which go outside, etc).
Lacing a wheel is A LOT more complicated than it looks. Depending on the make/model the rim can have an offset that is not obvious. At least until you go to put the wheel back on.

I laced a front wheel for my 1981 XR200R successfully but I couldn't do the rims for my 74 Commando. The fellow I took them to outside Hamilton did a beautiful job though so I'm glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom