Fitting Armour Bodies Bodywork??? Tail isn't sitting right...... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fitting Armour Bodies Bodywork??? Tail isn't sitting right......

Fili-mac

I'm fitting some used Armour Bodies bodywork on a 2005 R6. Overall everything is going well and lining up. However, the one piece superbike tail requires some tinkering…. If I match up the lines of the bodywork with the tank, there is a gap under the front of the seat (isn't sitting on the frame), and if I sit the bodywork on the frame it doesn't line up and looks off.

Any tips?

What can I use to fill in the space between the frame and the body work to support the seat?

My zx10 superbike tail has a spacer built under the seat area and its riveted to the tail fairing. Is yours perhaps missing that spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On some bikes the "seat pan" is separate and bolts to the subframe and as Caboose56 mentioned on some models it is riveted to the the actual tail. Sounds like yours is missing from your description. Is the bodywork new or used? If new I would contact the supplier to see if maybe it didn't get shipped. If used, you may have to order a new seat pan. I think bluestreak sells Armour Bodies and Riders Choice used to at one time.

Back
Top Bottom