First Year Insurance - SV650 $$$ | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Year Insurance - SV650 $$$

• Thread starter Deleted member 50930
  • Start date
Something still seems really off, they're over 50% less than the others, and not including ones who denied you. I won't be surprised once they put in the quote the underwriter comes back with a different price or something changes

I agree, going to go through it with a fine tooth comb when rep calls me back

I got to the bottom of this.

Prices are due to the two tickets

So is it really $1200 with the tickets and the accident ?

Yes..... They said the one ticket I got is not considered ratable in their system. And even if I get a third ticket it would only go up ~$100.

The ticket in question is a failure to show driver's license

Yes..... They said the one ticket I got is not considered ratable in their system. And even if I get a third ticket it would only go up ~$100.

The ticket in question is a failure to show driver's license
Maybe it would only go up $100, but you might get your insurance dropped.

Anywho, yes, failure to show valid ID is not a moving violation and won't apply to your rates. Also as previously said, claims in your car don't effect your motorcycle policy and visa versa.

Maybe it would only go up $100, but you might get your insurance dropped.

Anywho, yes, failure to show valid ID is not a moving violation and won't apply to your rates. Also as previously said, claims in your car don't effect your motorcycle policy and visa versa.

Uhh the other brokers counted it though?????

:(

Next renewal, I will try with the popular brokers here again...

Uhh the other brokers counted it though?????

:(

Next renewal, I will try with the popular brokers here again...
counted what?

$1200 ish for a 650cc bike with 2 tickets and an accident is very fair for Ontario, I was more than that on a smaller less sporty bike my first year. With no tickets or accidents at all. Also in Waterloo.

Tickets earned on any class of licence or vehicle most certainly do effect your other classes of licences and vehicles.

Get a ticket in your car and it's gonna ding you on your MC, as well as vice versa.

The only things that won't, as mentioned, are non moving violations, aside from any that are criminal code.

So what I should have said was that I had 1 minor ticket and 1 non-moving violation ticket ?

So what I should have said was that I had 1 minor ticket and 1 non-moving violation ticket ?
I dont imagine they are counting your no licence ticket, because it shouldn't affect any insurance.

Are you guys sure about non-moving violations not counting? Ages ago, I got a ticket for fail to produce insurance slip (forgot to put the new one in the glove box and only had the expired one). I'm pretty sure it was an HTA offense, and the officer was a dick and didn't give me the option to show it at the station to avoid the ticket. State Farm agent said it would affect my rates if I was convicted, so I fought it. Didn't make sense to me as a non-moving violation. The prosecutor withdrew the charge when I showed it to him just before trial, though.

Are you guys seriously trying to make sense of motorcycle insurance?
It's about as predictable as the stock market.

Back
Top Bottom