First Ride On My Ninja 250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Ride On My Ninja 250

ninja250r.se

So i finally picked up my 2011 ninja 250 white special edition today and I loved every second I got to ride it today. Just wanted to share that. I was very nervous at first but as soon as I got on the road I felt very comfortable right away. I thought it would be a lot harder to shift gears since the bike is brand new, however that wasnt an issue at all. I rode alongside my buddy and his ninja 1000, was so much fun. I love the bike. Still can't believe I have it. Just wanted to share that...oh and I find when you're on a bike you notice wayyyy more people on bikes. And it feels good to have them awknowledge (wave) at you. Looking forward to seeing a lot of you out there! Ride safe everyone :D

Congrats on the new ride man! Take it easy, learn how to panic stop the bike, and practice practice practice. It should become second nature to just squeeze both brakes and bring her to a stop. Also good to practice the swerve or weave, so you can go around sudden obstacles with minimal effort.

Once you've mastered that you will be much safer on the street! Cagers are unpredictable, so you have to be on point when you ride.

Welcome, enjoy your wheels.

im glad your buddy on 1000cc dont think u r too slow for him :>

i ride same bike as u but in black, brand new as well.,

enjoy the break-in period.

Thanks guys. I rode it all day today. Its hard not to. Its also hard not to rev it over 6000 but its doable. I took it to 7000ish a few times. I hope thats alright for the break in period. 275 km on it so far in 2 days. Loved every second of it. And yea my buddy's ninja 1000 is just ridiculous. blows my mind.

Welcome to the forum...nice bike...I miss mine

Dont worry so much about keeping it in the REV range, just make sure you keep the rev's moving through the rev range rather then keeping it steady for long periods of time. Otherwise you stuck doing 60km/h in 6th at 7000RPM ;P All the best and be safe :)

Thanks alot everyone. I just need more people to ride with! Ill definitely join that group. Hope to see you all out there!

If you are new, i would recommend you ride alone for a while and not with others. You will learn more, better and faster.

Personally i would disagree with cb. I think a combination of both is a good practice. As long as the people you ride with aren't pressuring you to ride in an unsafe manner beyond your ability, they can offer some tips on what you can improve on. Also monkey see monkey do, observing their body position, listening to the sounds their engines make will help.

Congrats on ur new bike :) I agree with the falcon both help to learn. I still didn't get my cbr on the road waiting to get done with m2 course this week and go for a ride with a friend "monkey see monkey do" lol

I'm picking up my first bike this coming Wednesday too. Also a 2011 ninja 250 white special edition! I'm a first time rider - actually I can't even say that because I've never ridden.

See you all around in the coming weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom