First close call, last time I'll make this mistake. | GTAMotorcycle.com

First close call, last time I'll make this mistake.

Lonewolf

Riding home from work today, I was approaching a 4-way intersection with a traffic light. My light was green, and this street is ONE lane each way. Cars in my lane were going straight through, I was going to turn left. Across the intersection was a car wanting to turn left, unable to go because all the cars in my lane were passing straight through. I start to make my left, when suddenly a car zips up behind the guy waiting to turn left, approaches, and decides he's not waiting. He squeezes and dodges past the stopped left-turn guy so that he can go straight through the intersection. Doesn't see me at all and misses squishing me, or at least clipping the back of my bike by what felt like inches.

I could blame that driver for lane splitting... :p but I mostly blame myself for forgetting the best motorcycling advice I ever heard: always assume everybody else on the road is out to kill you.

Just a friendly reminder, folks.

Ride safe. :)

Had a lady run a red left turn -- one of those people who think they can be the last person to squeeze out the last few cars on an amber light even though it was red already and she was far behind the white line. Cuts over 3 lanes and cuts me off to go into a gas station. This was at kennedy and eglinton.

Was ****** for 30 seconds and let it go. Thats just how it is. :/

yep...it's up to us to watch out for all the idiots. Right of way doesn't mean a thing if yer dead/injured.

Absolutley best to be safe and wait in that situation. It's tough enough wondering what the left turner is gonna do let alone the car behind that one. Everyone is just so friggin impatient these days.

And the chances are you would be the one charged if there were a collision!!!

And the chances are you would be the one charged if there were a collision!!!

Most likely, since the easiest thing is to charge the person making the turn. And we used to laugh at the Europeans who said front half of the car your fault, rear half the other guy.

I know this may be a bit off topic, ever since being close to an accident (even caught on camera too), even if the light is green, just remember to look both way before proceeding.

http://youtu.be/I0d0lumG3SY

but I mostly blame myself for forgetting the best motorcycling advice I ever heard: always assume everybody else on the road is out to kill you.

Just a friendly reminder, folks.

Ride safe. :)

I was given that exact same advice. Won't ever forget a friend told me when you ride it is you against the world.

Coincidentally as I was out and about the city today I was almost run down by a van today who decided to change from her left lane to the right lane. The problem was I was in the right lane beside her and she was busy on her mobile phone. If it wasn't for a bit of paved shoulder I'm certain I wouldn't be here typing right now. Was far too close for my liking.

Stay safe!!

I had a close call too which I blamed myself for letting my guard down. I was in right lane, car in left lane stopped suddenly in the middle of the highway to allow a car to turn left. I could have been t-boned don't know how the left turner could have seen me with the left lane car blocking the view but I should have instantly thrown a red flag why a car just stops in the middle of a highway.

My close recent call was when I was driving my van east on Bloor and a M/C started a right on red ( I had a green) then he changed his mind and made it into a left on a red. No squealing brakes but really dumb. It's not just the cagers

Man had the closest call of my entire life the other night riding eastbound on the 401 towards Trenton. Doing about 100/105 int he right lane (only 2 lanes that far east) and some CRAZY driver going like 140 was in the left tire track with the right side of her car. I personally like riding in the center and right tire track when I am cruising just in case, that saved my life that night, as a rear end from a huge SUV would have annihilated me. Obviously my KLR will do 140 but I'm not taking it to 9500 RPM just to get some plates. Crazy *****.

Back
Top Bottom