First bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

First bike

Paveal94

Hi everyone I just got my m2 and completed the riders course last August I got a very good quote for a 600cc sport bike and been seeing alot of deals online but I know nothing about buying or maintaining a sport bike. Make giant a concern the prices I see are within my range but mileage is an issue what's considered high on a sport bike and what should I look out for when viewing one? I'm seeing bikes between 20-50k mileage please drop me a thread with any advice or info

Hi everyone I just got my m2 and completed the riders course last August I got a very good quote for a 600cc sport bike and been seeing alot of deals online but I know nothing about buying or maintaining a sport bike. Make giant a concern the prices I see are within my range but mileage is an issue what's considered high on a sport bike and what should I look out for when viewing one? I'm seeing bikes between 20-50k mileage please drop me a thread with any advice or info
welcome, if you have no previous riding experience a 600cc super sport (R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, GSXR 600, etc) can be a handful. Be very, very careful.

Many people here ride upwards of 15k a season, i wouldn't shy away from a 50k bike, as long as the price reflected the mileage.

Like any used purchase the danger is you could be inheriting someone elses problem. Either have it checked out at a shop before purchase or bring someone to see it who knows what they are looking for.

wear gear, be safe!

Mitchel and wales brokerage quoted me 400 in change for a 600 sport bike 1mil liability no collision or theft

Go check your other thread. I'd put money on that quote being wildly inaccurate for reasons I detailed in a response there.

Mitchel and wales brokerage quoted me 400 in change for a 600 sport bike 1mil liability no collision or theft
per year or month?

Yea ontario is the worst for insurnace premiums also considering what I was quoted prior for a sport bike compared to not being wanted on the insurnace from others it's still high but good as I'll get for what I'm in search of I know a dirt bike on trail or enduro would be less like saying goes u pay to play

Yea ontario is the worst for insurnace premiums also considering what I was quoted prior for a sport bike compared to not being wanted on the insurnace from others it's still high but good as I'll get for what I'm in search of I know a dirt bike on trail or enduro would be less like saying goes u pay to play
good attitude, but i guess you don't like money ?

good attitude, but i guess you don't like money

If I had 75% of the money I ****** away in my youth and had invested it wisely, well, I might very well be only a few years away from retirement instead of realistically 10 more years at this point....and that's still retiring before 60 even at that.

Don't get me wrong, I had all the cool toys and had a lot of fun, but when you're in your teens and 20's making big money...you don't think 30+ years down the road.

I like my money lol if I can split the policy with a family member or trusted friend that be good heard of guys spliting policy

Yeah, this is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea.

Look up the term "material misrepresentation". And then look up what happens when an insurance company finds you doing it. And then read up about what happens with all your insurance for the next 6-10 years when you have an insurance cancellation on your record.

If you think $4000/year for a motorcycle is bad, well, you won't like what'll happen to ALL your insurance with a cancellation on your record.

Welcome to the forum and to an expensive hobby.

Nothing wrong with dreaming big and wanting to achieve those dreams. But sometimes it is better to listen to others and put those dreams aside.

Take a good read through this forum and you will soon realize that most members on here would advise you to stay away from a 600cc+ bike as your first bike.

We already established that the insurance in Ontario is a **** show. So lets set that aside and not take the cost of it into consideration.

As sexy as most 600cc+ bikes are, it is pretty much a waste of potential. Most if not all new riders will not posses the skills to ride that bike to its full potential. If you try to, you mill most likely hurt or kill yourself and/or someone else.

There is nothing wrong with a 300cc-500cc bike as a first bike. You would actually get a lot more respect from the community if you showed up on an R3 as supposed to R6. You would display wisdom and respect for the sport and the risk associated with it.

You are better off getting a 300cc bike and learning how to ride it properly and eventually beyond its capabilities. At which point you may find that a 600cc super sport isn't your thing and you end up with something completely different. i.e cruiser, ADV etc.

Now, I may be a little hypocritical; as my first bike was an R6. However, looking back at it now (16 year ago) that bike did not provide me anything different than a Ninja 250 would have. I would have probably enjoyed the Ninja much more than the R6.

Having said that, it's your money and your life.
Welcome and ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom