first bike am I getting a good deal | GTAMotorcycle.com

first bike am I getting a good deal

I like Kawasaki Ninja's, got my M2 2 years ago and getting around to buying a bike. Just came back from seeing a 1992 Ninja 500. It looks in good condition. The rubber part of the rear brake broke off but the lever to press down is still there and that might need to be replaced for cert but everything else seems fine. Was going to take it to a shop to give it the once over before buying. The seller wants $2200 I told him $1800 and he said he would sell it for $1900. I seen another Ninja's in the mid 90's going in the mid to high $2000 range. This is going ot be the first bike I would have and I mainly am going to be driving it in the country. Is $1900 for a ninja 5000 with 35k on it a decent price?

From 1994 they were slightly redesigned and considered a 2nd gen so they would be a bit more expensive. My buddy bought a 2000 model for $1,450 last year with 28K on it. Needed about $400 for safety. So your $1,900 is not a bad deal but it could be better. If I were you, I'd look for a 2nd gen for a couple of hundred more and needing nothing. There's plenty of these bikes around. Someone from here just bought a brand new 2009 model from a dealer for just over $4,000.

Here's a review for the '94 so you can see what was updated:
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_9408_kawasaki_ex500/index.html

Right now price are up. This is an almost 20 year old bike. The km are not too high though. Do you have a link to the ad? Do you start it? Test ride it? From the info you provided, sounds like an alright deal. Nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom