First accident | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First accident

I'll keep my eyes on the dealer bike auctions -- if I see it I'll tell you what it sells for.

Hey @IbbadMurtaza ,

Just wondering if you ended up healing up okay? You said you couldn't walk for a while, but I didn't catch any follow up on that (skimmed along to follow your process throughout this). Hope all goes well re: premiums etc!

Hey @IbbadMurtaza ,

Just wondering if you ended up healing up okay? You said you couldn't walk for a while, but I didn't catch any follow up on that (skimmed along to follow your process throughout this). Hope all goes well re: premiums etc!

Hey man! Yes, my bruise and ankle has healed up, I was told to just get a quick x-ray done just jn case. I appreciate your support bro.
Let’s hope man, the insurance company told me that my new bike would just get adjusted into the premium for this year, but will increase upon renewal, but now they’re telling me that it will go up immediately as my collision took place within 60 days after my coverage started. Don’t know what’s that all about.

Rev ON

Hey man! Yes, my bruise and ankle has healed up, I was told to just get a quick x-ray done just jn case. I appreciate your support bro.
Let’s hope man, the insurance company told me that my new bike would just get adjusted into the premium for this year, but will increase upon renewal, but now they’re telling me that it will go up immediately as my collision took place within 60 days after my coverage started. Don’t know what’s that all about.

Rev ON
They will nickel and dime you to death buddy, i hope you do not end up regretting your choice of action.

Keep the dialog going, memorializing your insurance journey certainly will help others facing this decision.

Rev ON
So can they give you a quote now? It makes no sense to buy another bike before you know what kind of numbers they are looking for.

OP, Is this your ex?

Auction pics are always low quality. Damage doesn't look too bad in the pics, mileage is low too. I had a 06 M50, fun and cheap to insure, if I can pick this one up for for less then $2500 she'll be in my garage.

@IbbadMurtaza just wondering why didn't you get your bike insured with The Personal? You would have got a 30 pct discount since you work for the bank of commerce. Ask me how I know.

The Personal has crazy cheap group rates. I only found out about them last September, but my company switched to Johnson in November, and those guys won't insure anything I have - they're all on their restricted list.

Sort of. Somebody just picked up a bike with 1300km and some scratches for $3200. Not a shame for them.
OP disappeared, I'm only guessing this was his ride because it matched the description. The repair estimate was $5209 parts + $1380 labour, it doesn't look like there was an repair estimate -- just an appraiser's W/O report with fudged repair numbers.

Buyer would also pay about $3200+ $600 in auction fees +$500 GST. I could have fixed the bike for about $500 + a few hours labour.

The buyers of these bikes are usually MC dealers or brokers who buy bikes for clients. It's pretty dangerous to curbside auction vehicles plus it's hard to make money considering you still have costs to move, fix, and sell - by then there would be $5K into the bike. The bike might fetch $6000 when repaired.

yep, i recognize the bent right handlebar end, most damage is on the left side :| amazing, if you ask me they just wrote off a bike because the instrument cluster heavy tank had a big ugly dent in it.

... but don't worry the insurance will not loose any money on it in the grand scheme of things

Back
Top Bottom