First accident | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First accident

when it comes to branded bikes which some provinces do not allow like ontario , only way to do it is buy a used frame with clean title thats best easiest way cause frames usually fit year or two newer/older so only differnce is on paper and your bike could be year or so older or newer . And online if you look throughout canada you find many people scrapping bikes do to mileage etc just wore out . If your handy with wrenches and know some basics about motorcycles than u can rip a bike bare and rebuild it in a weekend yourself . Especially if a person got a half decent payout for their bike Which you can than pay 4-5k for frame , great paint , ebay parts and such than pocket 4k yourself with a even better bike paid for rebuilt , painted to your liking

And for a tax purpose thing well dam rights EVERY vehicle i bought cash was “ Appraised by my own appraiser lol for that specific reason of DMV going by book value and wanting way more than i am willing to pay .

What you paid and what it's worth are two different things. For example if you got it as a gift you paid $0 but it's still worth $x, insurance pays to restore to $x value. Contact your broker ASAP , the longer you wait the more it's going to cost you. They are the one that can tell you what you are in for, not all of us on a forum.

Or they will even use book value just to get a average selling price but in the end they will search for a list of same style vehicles and they get their average selling price for their offer which the first offer is always ALWAYS borderline low so NEVER EVER TAKE FIRST Offer .
Except when someone there missed something and they overpay on the first offer, take it an run before someone notices :devilish:

You get what the ACV would be which will be what that year make model kms etc sells for . I dont care what anyone says i dealt with it few times with Coop .basically If you got a smoken deal on a Vehicle from a close friend that sells for say 5k on line average and he said hey just give me 500 and its yours , well no mater what if something happens to that vehicle then they have to replace that vehicle to same specs or better no matter if you paid 1 doller vs 20k if that vehicle average selling price is 5k on auto trader kijiji whatever than they have to get you in a simular vehicle which IS NOT gona be 500 dollers like what you paid only for fact was a best friend or whoever that give you that “ ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL “ . But from my experience i dealt with lots insurance companies had insurance for many many years and they always ask what i think the vehicle is worth if i sold it privately Or they will even use book value just to get a average selling price but in the end they will search for a list of same style vehicles and they get their average selling price for their offer which the first offer is always ALWAYS borderline low so NEVER EVER TAKE FIRST Offer .

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. It really has taken a lot of stress off of me. Someone asked why I would say cheaper price, that’s because I thought it had to match the price I say at Service Ontario for a tax break.

So even if I paid $7,000 for it and I tell them $3,000, I get whatever the market value is. Mine is a 2015 Suzuki Boulevard M50, which is around $7,500-8,000.

Rev ON

What you paid and what it's worth are two different things. For example if you got it as a gift you paid $0 but it's still worth $x, insurance pays to restore to $x value. Contact your broker ASAP , the longer you wait the more it's going to cost you. They are the one that can tell you what you are in for, not all of us on a forum.

My broker won’t be back until Tuesday. I called in for the claim on the same day I crashed. So if they’re taking so long, it’s their fault right?

Rev ON

OP it can be stressfull but basically in the end tell them you want ur bike back to way it was ( exactly way it was) and every part replaced with OEM . Every mark , scratch fixed back to normal if it was from accident . If not then total it take the cash and buy another . So while you are waiting just go online today tomorow and look for your bike same year mileage etc go on kijiji all over your province ( not just your local area and pick 3-6 bikes minimum that are just like yours ( mileage, condition etc . Now take those ads and snapshot or print them out so you have them Other things you must ad in are things like if your tires were new , any aftermarket ad ons anything to bring ur value up . Badically look for bikes that are mint and your mileage or lower than you got your price for cash value to negotiate . Dont Forget your Helmet they got to replace your helmet if it touched the ground even slightest bit . As for your jacket boots and stuff if anything was damaged then coop will defiantly replace it so just do your homework and in the end they might fix it back to normal and u be riding in no time the M50 is a sweet ride its my fav model of the boulevard i love to get one next couple years That or the m90

OP it can be stressfull but basically in the end tell them you want ur bike back to way it was ( exactly way it was) and every part replaced with OEM . Every mark , scratch fixed back to normal if it was from accident . If not then total it take the cash and buy another . So while you are waiting just go online today tomorow and look for your bike same year mileage etc go on kijiji all over your province ( not just your local area and pick 3-6 bikes minimum that are just like yours ( mileage, condition etc . Now take those ads and snapshot or print them out so you have them Other things you must ad in are things like if your tires were new , any aftermarket ad ons anything to bring ur value up . Badically look for bikes that are mint and your mileage or lower than you got your price for cash value to negotiate . Dont Forget your Helmet they got to replace your helmet if it touched the ground even slightest bit . As for your jacket boots and stuff if anything was damaged then coop will defiantly replace it so just do your homework and in the end they might fix it back to normal and u be riding in no time the M50 is a sweet ride its my fav model of the boulevard i love to get one next couple years That or the m90
for what i can see, the insurance company may take him to the cleaners on fixing what looks broken.

Except when someone there missed something and they overpay on the first offer, take it an run before someone notices :devilish:

Exactly. I was expecting the worst, and they offered me well over what I could get for the bike if I'd sold it.

I learned one thing from my accident; if I Ever have an accident with a practically new motorcycle and it is 100% the other guys fault, I'm going to go out the next day and buy a brand new identical bike and sue for the replacement costs, they can sell All the parts from my damaged bike next time. Determining if a motorcycle is a write-off should be as much the injured parties call as the other guys insurance reps telling you how it is going to be.

I learned one thing from my accident; if I Ever have an accident with a practically new motorcycle and it is 100% the other guys fault, I'm going to go out the next day and buy a brand new identical bike and sue for the replacement costs, they can sell All the parts from my damaged bike next time. Determining if a motorcycle is a write-off should be as much the injured parties call as the other guys insurance reps telling you how it is going to be.
I was asked.

When my truck was written off I figured it was worth $8000, assumed they'd offer $6000. Told the wife no matter what the first offer is turn it down, they're gonna lowball us.
Two days later she calls me at work to say that they offered $14800 and dont worry I told them no way. I was like call them back right now and accept it!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

When my truck was written off I figured it was worth $8000, assumed they'd offer $6000. Told the wife no matter what the first offer is turn it down, they're gonna lowball us.
Two days later she calls me at work to say that they offered $14800 and dont worry I told them no way. I was like call them back right now and accept it!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
lol yep.

Hey man, thanks for the guidance brother!
I told the motorcycle dealership that’s trying to appraise the motorcycle repair costs to fix it, I am not looking for a write off. The M50’s a beautiful bike, I love it. My helmet didn’t touch the asphalt at all, however I’ve emailed the receipts for my vest, gloves, and clothing that was torn.

Looking for bikes is harder than most people think. I will definitely be surfing kijiji or auto trader for some bikes.

Rev ON

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. It really has taken a lot of stress off of me. Someone asked why I would say cheaper price, that’s because I thought it had to match the price I say at Service Ontario for a tax break.

So even if I paid $7,000 for it and I tell them $3,000, I get whatever the market value is. Mine is a 2015 Suzuki Boulevard M50, which is around $7,500-8,000.

Rev ON
A new 2017 is less than $8000 new from the dealer and includes a 5 year warranty. My guess is a 2015 would be $5000-$5800 depending in the mileage.

Hey man, thanks for the guidance brother!
I told the motorcycle dealership that’s trying to appraise the motorcycle repair costs to fix it, I am not looking for a write off. The M50’s a beautiful bike, I love it. My helmet didn’t touch the asphalt at all, however I’ve emailed the receipts for my vest, gloves, and clothing that was torn.

Looking for bikes is harder than most people think. I will definitely be surfing kijiji or auto trader for some bikes.

Rev ON
You do realize you may be paying back more then the cost of fixing it over (x) years if you go through with this claim?

You do realize you may be paying back more then the cost of fixing it over (x) years if you go through with this claim?

Yeap, but right now I don’t have enough money to fix it. Tbh I know I’m gonna be paying a lot, but that’s the best option I have right now.

Rev ON

Yeap, but right now I don’t have enough money to fix it. Tbh I know I’m gonna be paying a lot, but that’s the best option I have right now.

Rev ON
That's worth maybe 6 years of higher rates? Ay Carumba man, just park it and fix her as you go lol.

Back
Top Bottom