Firebox Stove | GTAMotorcycle.com

Firebox Stove

ToSlow

Site Supporter
I ordered a stove a few days ago, hoping for it to show up this week

Has anyone here bought or ever tried them out?

I bought a Roeam Rocket Stove last spring, mostly because its collapsible so is easy to pack on the bike, and you don't have to carry fuel with you . I took a couple of trips in the summer and it worked really well.

I've used them before. If all you want is a quick hot fire for boiling water, use the thinnest dry fuel you can find and feed it as required. Nothing thicker then the tip of branches or around a wooden match stick. Quick prep and hot fire albeit that doesn't last long and great for boiling water.

If you intend to use it to cook food on a pan or some kind of oven setup use a small piece of fire starter and fuel not much thicker than your thumb. Use a saw so the ends are clean so you can get a lot of fuel in there without ragged ends poking up at your pan making it unstable. This setup will build up a coal/ember pile that is much better suited for cooking as in more of a med high heat and much longer lasting. I would bring a stick of compressed fire starter and break off chunks as needed. I think it's basically wax mixed with wood fiber. Otherwise it's a pain to get the thumb sized sticks going with the tinder in such a small volume.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

They're neat, but I don't use one any more (lost the first). You can also find knockoffs for $25 + month(s) in transit. I used to keep a few sticks of kindling to keep the "supports" from excessive rattling during transit, and sandwich any excess bits of birch so it's dry and available next time you use it.
For those that are super lightweight campers, fuel tablets would be sufficient to boil water.

I find they are best suited for those that aren't travelling on schedule and have time to gather/start/get coals to cook properly.
Otherwise, I use fire tablets/jetboil for boiling water, and cooking bigger meals I prefer the grill in most firepits for the nice fat tbone.

They're neat, but I don't use one any more (lost the first). You can also find knockoffs for $25 + month(s) in transit. I used to keep a few sticks of kindling to keep the "supports" from excessive rattling during transit, and sandwich any excess bits of birch so it's dry and available next time you use it.
For those that are super lightweight campers, fuel tablets would be sufficient to boil water.

I find they are best suited for those that aren't travelling on schedule and have time to gather/start/get coals to cook properly.
Otherwise, I use fire tablets/jetboil for boiling water, and cooking bigger meals I prefer the grill in most firepits for the nice fat tbone.
I have a tiny titanium butane stove and a Sterno Inferno which is my go-to. I prefer the convenience of fuel, a can of sterno gel goes 2+ hours, heats 1/2l to a boil in 5 minutes (means I’m sipping my coffee before you scavenged your twigs).

I went 10 days around Superior on just over 1 little can of Sterno.

I have a tiny titanium butane stove and a Sterno Inferno which is my go-to. I prefer the convenience of fuel, a can of sterno gel goes 2+ hours, heats 1/2l to a boil in 5 minutes (means I’m sipping my coffee before you scavenged your twigs).

I went 10 days around Superior on just over 1 little can of Sterno.

If you ever get yourself in a survival situation....there will still be sticks and twigs long after you've run out of Sterno.

I personally love my BioLite campstove. Runs on anything, fan powered and will boil water insanely fast, has a grill attachment, and it'll charge your electronics and anything with a USB plug from the fires energy, as well. And packs down into a nice compact piece of kit.

If you ever get yourself in a survival situation....there will still be sticks and twigs long after you've run out of Sterno.

I personally love my BioLite campstove. Runs on anything, fan powered and will boil water insanely fast, has a grill attachment, and it'll charge your electronics and anything with a USB plug from the fires energy, as well. And packs down into a nice compact piece of kit.

Is this it?

Finally got the the firebox G2 i ordered

Will be giving it a try next weekend if it snows and the trails open up for sledding

so why are you posting about a stove on a motorcycle discussion web board?

so why are you posting about a stove on a motorcycle discussion web board?
Because i started a thread about the firebox

And update that it arrived

This is romper room

Maybe the mods can move it to romper room if it bothers people

Because i started a thread about the firebox

And update that it arrived

This is romper room

Maybe the mods can move it to romper room if it bothers people
Nope. General Discussion Cowboy

Yikes! That biolite thing is $600, a bit pricy considering tiny rocket stoves are in the $30-$50 range.

Ever been in a survival situation? A camp stove is useless kit in a survival situation.

I picked one up a few years ago. I use it as a portable charcoal BBQ mostly with the extended grill plate. If boiling water/cooking in a pan, I throw in a Trangia alcohol burner for a quicker clean up.

Wood is never a problem if you rough camp on/near logging roads.....

Good luck with the snow ToSlow. This might season number 3 without the Invader getting a real chance to shine. But I did get to ride my SnoRunner at a few vintage sled meets last winter.

Back
Top Bottom