finishing a purchase | GTAMotorcycle.com

finishing a purchase

frugalman

Thanks for all the previous advice.

I am going to finish a purchase soon.

I have my old plates.
I have a temporary insurance slip.
I have the uvip and old ownership.
Am I allowed to drive the bike to MTO at this point?

Thanks for all the previous advice.

I am going to finish a purchase soon.

I have my old plates.
I have a temporary insurance slip.
I have the uvip and old ownership.
Am I allowed to drive the bike to MTO at this point?
No, you need plates registered to the vehicle you're driving. Your old plates won't cut it. You may be able to go to the ministry NOT on the bike you just purchased, and get temporary plates for it. Worst case you'll have to get it certified then transfer your old plates to it, then you can ride it.

-Jamie M.

Take the uvip to the mto and register it. They will ask for a safety certificate. Tell them you don't have one and you would like to purchase a temp permit (good for 10 days). Ride it to a shop to get it safety and return back to mto to get a valid sticker and you're all good to go.

It's risky. I was thinking about it, but the extra steps give me peace of mind. Although if you ride normally with care, you shouldn't get stopped. To each his/her own.
eh too much work. I stuck my old plates on and rode it to get safety and registered it on the same day.

eh too much work. I stuck my old plates on and rode it to get safety and registered it on the same day.
thats what i would do personally but its absolutely risky god forbid if something happened are the five-oh gets ya

I've been doing it for all my bikes, most of my friends do it also. Ride normally, don't attract attention, you should be fine.

I once sold my bike to a guy that rode it home without insurance in the winter at night.

Sorry didn't check reply until now.
I forgot to say, I have the safety also.

I just need to go to the MTO to finish the registering.

I've been doing it for all my bikes, most of my friends do it also. Ride normally, don't attract attention, you should be fine.

I once sold my bike to a guy that rode it home without insurance in the winter at night.

Duh-Winning-51410878608.png

Last bike i purchased i rode it down from barrie to toronto. Lucky for me the seller was kind enough to leave me his plate as well as not cancel his insurance until i got home. I mailed him the plate and everything worked out. :D

BUt to ride it without insurance, wrong plate, and no ownership transferred? I dont wanna get an infraction so i'll stop here...

Back
Top Bottom