Finally! long awaited first ride. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finally! long awaited first ride.

I was more of a 750 fan, so don't know as much about the 1000's, but I think they normally had the clip-ons above the triple clamp?

I was more of a 750 fan, so don't know as much about the 1000's, but I think they normally had the clip-ons above the triple clamp?

I remember lusting on the sport bikes in this general as a kid. It’s not related to your question but I’m going to guess approximately a 1997 model based on the frame?

Edit: I also don’t recall the colour matched seat but 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I remember lusting on the sport bikes in this general as a kid. It’s not related to your question but I’m going to guess approximately a 1997 model based on the frame?

Edit: I also don’t recall the colour matched seat but 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Its actually a 94, Was not a fan of the original color scheme with the slash marks. I've always preferred the color scheme on the 91, and since the 91 is hard to find i had this one painted to look like a 91. Only a few subtle difference in appearances, rear tail light and body lines. Only a hard core gixer guy will pick up on it i think. oh and the color matched seat.

Sweet! Always a soft spot for the classics here.

Any issues getting insurance?

I sat and looked at that thing for an hour... the best I could come up with, thinking it was a '91, was it had the wrong rear wheel.
The price of your insurance policy has very little to do with the worth of your bike, the majority of the policy is bodily damage and accident benefits, or the damage you can do with your bike.
You can do the same amount of damage with a $200 125cc bike as you can on a $100,000 litre bike. The cost of putting the rider back together in the hospital makes the payout for physical damage, your bike, almost incidental.

I sat and looked at that thing for an hour... the best I could come up with, thinking it was a '91, was it had the wrong rear wheel.
The price of your insurance policy has very little to do with the worth of your bike, the majority of the policy is bodily damage and accident benefits, or the damage you can do with your bike.
You can do the same amount of damage with a $200 125cc bike as you can on a $100,000 litre bike. The cost of putting the rider back together in the hospital makes the payout for physical damage, your bike, almost incidental.
its been many years since i rode on the road, insurance considers me a new rider since there has been too many years between policies. i hoped my age would help lower the cost but apparently as you get older you are more prone to accidents ( so the insurance company says). I've lost my need for speed but not my love of fast bikes and cars. Hoping i can find a vintage policy or something like that. I ride a 690 enduro as my daily and love it. I just want to ride this bike occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom