FINALLY!... Got to take my first real ride after buying the Ninja 250 3 1/2 weeks ago | GTAMotorcycle.com

FINALLY!... Got to take my first real ride after buying the Ninja 250 3 1/2 weeks ago

tsdexter

I'm sure if you've read some of my other threads you'd know what a terrible time I had getting this bike on the road. I've finally done it, thanks to Duffield Powersports in Barrie (they're awesome, I'll add a review later).

He's the route. 53.2km, different speeds, different road conditions, city, rural, subdivision, twisties, straights etc. It was awesome. I have a feeling it's going to take me a good long time to get to work tomorrow morning....

http://goo.gl/maps/GaHK

Also check out Duffield if you're in Barrie area, he's great - www.duffieldpowersports.com

Congrats dude!

@WestEnd what the hell are you talking about? This is the perfect weather to ride a bike.

Congratulations! I would have gone out too but for the stupid weather man. :(

Yaa... I went home early just in case it started pouring on me.... 1 rain drop hit me 5 mins away from home so I went back. No rain since.

Congrats on your first real ride. Nothing feels better than the first time ;).

@WestEnd what the hell are you talking about? This is the perfect weather to ride a bike.

There were supposed to be thunder showers today and tomorrow but it didnt come.

Stupid weather man always trying to keep me and my bike apart.

Lol that used to happen to me a lot in Spring so I kinda stopped listening to the weatherman. Whenever it says 30-40% chance rain or thunder showers, I take my bike out to work anyways (since I don't have a car). If the rain hits, as long as I can still see and keep my bike up, I'd ride through it -otherwise I'd wait a bit.

I went out once strictly BECAUSE it was raining once, because I wanted to learn how it handled in the rain before I inevitably get caught out in it somewhere

I went out once strictly BECAUSE it was raining once, because I wanted to learn how it handled in the rain before I inevitably get caught out in it somewhere

About a year and a half ago, I was caught in a rain storm followed by a snow storm the following day during my M2 course. Kind of got a feel of the condition at that point.... Until I was introduced to wet man holes and painted lines - that was a new experience...

Lol that used to happen to me a lot in Spring so I kinda stopped listening to the weatherman. Whenever it says 30-40% chance rain or thunder showers, I take my bike out to work anyways (since I don't have a car). If the rain hits, as long as I can still see and keep my bike up, I'd ride through it -otherwise I'd wait a bit.

I have a rule that says if its not raining when I am just about to leave for work then I will ride. I can deal with the rain if it comes on the way home. It beats taking public transportation. And the weather man is never right.

so thats where you live ....... :D

Once said 40% chance of rain so I rode to school and guess what happens while riding home. It was brutal, two hours of heavy rain with me constantly wiping my visor, couldnt see ****... so yea, never again.

The thing is that most of the time it says 40% so in that case the weather forecast is never wrong. You will rarely see 0% (only when there isn't a cloud in the sky).

Congratulations on your new ride!

As for the rain and the heat I was a little disappointed about the uneventful ride home. I packed my rain gear in my backpack when I saw no grey clouds and honestly I've felt hotter and more humid days than today.

I was fully prepared to get caught in a downpour which would have cooled me and the bike from the heat, but alas it did not happen. Oh well, there's always hope for another day. :)

Being wet from rain versus sweat would have been a welcome difference. :)

Finally!!! Glad you enjoyed it a lot!

I didn't ride today cuz of the stupid weather forecast... But... I know what I will be busy doing this whole weekend... lol!

Stupid weather man always trying to keep me and my bike apart.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing...I dunno know what happened to meteorologist but back years ago they used to get the weather down pat for a least a few days. Now they can't even get current conditions correct.

Best job in the world, you can be wrong everyday day and still have a job. Lol

Thanks people. It was a blast. I was right... 15 minutes late for work... the M1 bike route took me about 30 minutes compared to ~10 in the car :D (traffic/no hwy/detour also played into that).

so thats where you live ....... :D

More like, so that's the subdivision you live somewhere near :p

Finally!!! Glad you enjoyed it a lot!

I didn't ride today cuz of the stupid weather forecast... But... I know what I will be busy doing this whole weekend... lol!

There was a 30% thunderstorm forecast here too but I had to ride home from the shop and once I got on the road I just looked at the bright blue sky and said **** it, I'm riding. :D

Speaking of the ride to work.. I was stopped at a light and some kid yelled out his window 'Nice bike!' - do people yell at us a lot?

Congrats on getting her road worthy!

Come out and meet some other riders tomorrow night, I think you've seen the details for the Barrie meet in the other thread.

Back
Top Bottom