FIAMM Freeway Blaster Horn Installation | GTAMotorcycle.com

FIAMM Freeway Blaster Horn Installation

thanks for the video, I've been thinking of switching to a Stebel Nautilus, but installing those seem a little more involved.

this Fiamm seems like a simple swap, just concerned if my existing wiring could handle it.

thanks again

thanks for the video, I've been thinking of switching to a Stebel Nautilus, but installing those seem a little more involved.

this Fiamm seems like a simple swap, just concerned if my existing wiring could handle it.

thanks again

Since most stock horns are 2-4A, and the FIAMM Blaster Horn is only 5A, a simple swap is doable (as long as it fits) and no relay should be required.

thanks again

I have 2 horn connected to my gsxr now. A low tone & high tone, it hasn't burn a fuse yet

Sent from my tablet using my paws

thanks for the responses guys...also, appreciate the link Splash...I had also seen it when I was researching the Nautilus.

I have a question about wiring(I'm definitely not an expert on the matter, so hope you guys can enlighten)

if the FIAMM is drawing 5A from the stock wires (which are designed for 2-4a) isn't that
still an overload on the wires, and possibly cause a fire hazard?

I understand the horn would only be pressed for a short time, but wouldn't it still cause overheating?
or is 1-2a so minimal that the existing wires could handle it.

I'm guessing pressing the horn a few times intermittently might be alright,
but wouldn't using the horn over a period of time (or numerous times consecutively) prematurely degrade the wires?

thanks for the responses guys...also, appreciate the link Splash...I had also seen it when I was researching the Nautilus.

I have a question about wiring(I'm definitely not an expert on the matter, so hope you guys can enlighten)

if the FIAMM is drawing 5A from the stock wires (which are designed for 2-4a) isn't that

I understand the horn would only be pressed for a short time, but wouldn't it still cause overheating?

but wouldn't using the horn over a period of time (or numerous times consecutively) prematurely degrade the wires?

I assume the engineers will design the circuit in such a way that the fuse will pop before the wires start to burn. If u manually change the fuse rating, that's another story

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Great job, I bet that horn is loud :)
thanks and yes... Very loud. People start looking around when I push the button because they think it's a bigger vehicle that just honked at them.

A 22 AWG wire, which is fairly small when considering what is normally used in automotive wiring, can handle 7 amps. More typically you'll find 18 AWG wires on a bike, especially for higher power devices like a horn. An 18 AWG wire can handle 16 amps.

These amperage values are based on how quickly a wire of a certain diameter will heat up over time before becoming a hazard. There really shouldn't be any cause for concern by drawing 5 amps through a conductor that can likely handle more than 7 amps.

thanks and yes... Very loud. People start looking around when I push the button because they think it's a bigger vehicle that just honked at them.

+1 for the Stebel.

Twisted throttle sells them with a plug and play wiring kit. Really simple install when you sit down and think about it. hardest part is finding a place on the bike to put it. I had to jerry rig a bracket and add zip ties, but I fit one in on both a ZX6R and an 1198. Really gets people's attention.

My $0.02 cuz I've had the FIAMM and now have a Stebel. While the FIAMM is louder than stock at a stand still the Stebel certainly gets you noticed when you are moving. If you want to do this mod, spend a little more money and take the time to do the install - it is fairly simply - and put in the Stebel.

Advantage FIAMM - less space required than Stebel so placement issues are not that much of a problem.

I've had encounters with cagers that aren't paying attention and the need to give them a little notice that they are trying to occupy my space. The Stebel makes them **** themselves.

My $0.02 cuz I've had the FIAMM and now have a Stebel. While the FIAMM is louder than stock at a stand still the Stebel certainly gets you noticed when you are moving. If you want to do this mod, spend a little more money and take the time to do the install - it is fairly simply - and put in the Stebel.

Advantage FIAMM - less space required than Stebel so placement issues are not that much of a problem.

I've had encounters with cagers that aren't paying attention and the need to give them a little notice that they are trying to occupy my space. The Stebel makes them **** themselves.

Last night on the way home, there was an acura in front/beside me that started to drift into my lane. She was texting with the phone in her lap, not looking up or holding the wheel. Quick blast of the horn and it looked like someone slapped her across the face lol. Drops the phone and grabbed the wheel with both hands looking around where the noise came from. Paid for itself right there.

Last night on the way home, there was an acura in front/beside me that started to drift into my lane. She was texting with the phone in her lap, not looking up or holding the wheel. Quick blast of the horn and it looked like someone slapped her across the face lol. Drops the phone and grabbed the wheel with both hands looking around where the noise came from. Paid for itself right there.

Nice! :evil: :)

I was gonna get Ultimate Blast Horn from Canadian Tire. One of the reviews says that this one is actually a Stebel Nautilus horn, so that’s pretty good.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...RD~0202076P/Ultimate+Blast+Horn.jsp?locale=en

Nice! :evil: :)

I was gonna get Ultimate Blast Horn from Canadian Tire. One of the reviews says that this one is actually a Stebel Nautilus horn, so that’s pretty good.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...RD~0202076P/Ultimate+Blast+Horn.jsp?locale=en

I've heard the re-branding of the 'Ultimate Horn Series' uses the FIAMM, STEBEL and other air horn's, they just re-brand then. You won't know until you remove the packaging and see what's stamped on the actual unit.

A 22 AWG wire, which is fairly small when considering what is normally used in automotive wiring, can handle 7 amps. More typically you'll find 18 AWG wires on a bike, especially for higher power devices like a horn. An 18 AWG wire can handle 16 amps.

These amperage values are based on how quickly a wire of a certain diameter will heat up over time before becoming a hazard. There really shouldn't be any cause for concern by drawing 5 amps through a conductor that can likely handle more than 7 amps.

^ domo arigato mroberto.

Back
Top Bottom