Fed EX truck runs over parked motorcycle in Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fed EX truck runs over parked motorcycle in Toronto

Something similar happened last year to my bike and a bunch of others on Wellington by what I can only assume was a larger delivery vehicle that took off. Guy completely backed into a row of 5-6 bikes and pushed them all 2 feet. Could see each kickstand scrape clearly. Came out to my bike with a fckd mirror, broken peg, etc. and it had clearly gone down on both sides (my guess is someone accidentally dropped it on its other side trying to untangle their bike from the mess). filed a less than 5k vehicle damage report with the TPS, tried for weeks to get the security footage from the building it happened in front of and got nowhere.

Yeah it sucks. But I don't know if I would have gone to the media about this, considering his real problem is with his insurance company and/or inadequate insurance... and he's an insurance broker... it is kind of a bad look

Knob. I doubt you had something "worth" $12,000 as nobody was going to pay you that. That may have been what you spent on all of the "customizations". Now you have a bike "worth" $5800 because that is what you were willing to pay and you conveniently ignore the thousands in customizations the previous owner put on your current bike. He should have posted the video and kept his mouth shut. The part about "all my customers lose out and now it's my turn" wtf.

Going to the media is smart, because FedEx is basically taking no financial liability on this for their mistake, they've left it up to the owner and his insurance, when it was 100% their fault, on top of which that driver did a hit and run, knowing they drove over it too, If the guy had influence, FedEx would have owned up

Oh oh, speed bump.
that sucks but he did have the front wheel out there lots far enough

Why would he expect to get more than $5800. C90s are inexpensive, you can find them nicely equipped for Under $5k.

I’m little disappointed the driver was let off “leaving the scene”, I’d be more concerned about that. How hard would it have been to trace that drivers route?

Had a delivery truck knock my bike over once. Just went thru insurance as I got their insurance info. Got a write off and let the ins. companies sort it out between themselves....that's what they do.

Never going to get it's worth unless you insure it for "replacement value", which means paying more for insurance.

Guess unless the cop witnesses the incident themselves, they can't lay a charge? Video not good enough?

Does this guy seriously think he can bully FedEx into giving him $16k for a $5k bike? I don't feel for him here

Yes the FedEx driver F'ed up big time and is probably fired at this point, the rest is between him and insurance. Checked Kijiji, almost every C50 is <$5k. Accessories mean nothing here, and are likely at most a couple grand at full retail.

Surprised Global even bothered to run this nothing story when there are so many bigger things going on.

Edit: For those curious, a 2020 Boulevard C50 is $9100 MSRP on Suzuki.ca, a C50T is $11k

Last edited:
Maybe if he was sitting on it when the truck hit it, that would buy him something, but he'd likely have to fake an injury ?

I bought a used C90 for 200$ from the City of Toronto once. That was a steal of a deal. I put full knobby tires on it :LOL: was a blast. I think those were something like 12 bucks each. Oh wait, wrong kind of C90:ROFLMAO:

I had the men’s version for a week, the M90. I just took delivery of a bike for my wife, was looking for a cruiser to try, Newmarket Suzuki said take it for a few days so I did. Nice bike, I ended up with an M50, it was a lot less money and seemed to be similar in performance.

I had the men’s version for a week, the M90. I just took delivery of a bike for my wife, was looking for a cruiser to try, Newmarket Suzuki said take it for a few days so I did. Nice bike, I ended up with an M50, it was a lot less money and seemed to be similar in performance.
I thought the M109 was the men's version? Saw a white one with blue stripes once, gorgeous bike and sounded mean.

One of my neighbours has one can't remember if 50 or 90 but it's not the m version, round headlight on it and it's all blacked out, looks great. I've only seen him pull it out twice in the year I've lived here, let it idle in the driveway to "circulate the oil" (his words) then back into the garage.

Last edited:
$12,000?! :LOL:

Yeah, uh....either this guy is trying to scam the bejesus out of FedEx (likely) or he got seriously ripped off by some dealership and he thinks it's actually worth that much.

Either way he's smoking something good. FedEx will settle this for the $5-$6K or so to replace it with an equivalent bike, the end.

Can you even put replacement insurance on a vehicle that old? I thought that kind of policy maxed out at 5 years or so.

Might be a wake up call to people who park like that on Mercer St. You're only allowed to be 60 degrees from the curb.
I've seen transports turn down Mercer and clear bikes by millimetres.
He should be ticketed from now on when he parks that way, since he now knows better.
Also, why is there parking on both sides of the road if it's that narrow, or are they protesting people speeding through?

Maybe Global thought it would be a good "how to" article for dealing with accidents/insurance?

The guy has a driveway right there .
Or...move those three potted cedars off the interlock below the sidewalk...instant motorcycle parking spot .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad world of depreciation. You could have a brand new in the box item that gotten stolen three years after the purchase and it gets depreciated. "But I never used it" cries the victim. "That's your fault" replies the insurer.

The sad world of depreciation. You could have a brand new in the box item that gotten stolen three years after the purchase and it gets depreciated. "But I never used it" cries the victim. "That's your fault" replies the insurer.
When the insurance paid for my replacement helmet, they told me that they would depreciate the value by 10%/year. My helmet was 5 weeks short of 2 years old with the receipt to prove it at date of loss and they took the 20%. I brought it up and the adjuster said it was close enough . I wasn't going to argue over 50-60 bucks considering they paid me fairly for the bike but yeah, they save where they can.

Back
Top Bottom