Favorite "go-to" locations? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Favorite "go-to" locations?

I just ride to get ‘lost’ and follow the road. I always make it home.

I’ve found so many nice twisty, scenic roads north of Toronto toward Georgian Bay, but half the time, I don’t even know the names or locations of some of the amazing roads I find!

The Police certainly seem to like it! :cry: Got nicked by a speed trap last month, wont be going there again.
Why didn't you do a pre-check run first? It works wonders. I have never gotten a speeding ticket.

Love the Fort Erie to NOTL along the Niagara River.

Want to do more exploring around Collingwood after the May 24 weekend when I had a blast out there.

Probably will do my trip through Algonquin for the colour change, that’s always a good day.

And will be hitting up Wilno and Barry’s Bay Area this summer.

Look for roads along water, rivers, etc or the escarpment.

The Niagara Region is quite nice from Fort Erie, Dover, Hamilton, Lake Ontario, Niagara River and everywhere else in between like Font Hill/Pelham.

Lots of distilleries, wineries, breweries etc.

From my house in St Catharines, I can take an hour ride out to Chippewa and back with a smile that sticks for the rest of the afternoon.

The key is to go when there is little traffic. If you can do a middle of the week, mid morning ride, the roads are pretty much yours to discover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southwood Road is one of my favourites. Always go through there when I'm in the area. Deep Bay Road in Minden is another one for me. I've also done many night time cruises downtown. Would love to do more riding in the Niagara area but it just takes too much time to get there.

Why didn't you do a pre-check run first? It works wonders. I have never gotten a speeding ticket.
I typically do but I gave a lil squirt in the hilly area and he was just over the crest. Bad day to not do a very careful pre-check run. I should've known better, as it was a Sunday. During the weekdays there's no cops usually. Guess I got complacent, I've been there dozens of times without incident, its only a 20 minute ride from home. :cry:

Ottawa Valley is a good destination and turn-around point.

You can do all the twisties in the Kawarthas over to Bancroft and Denbigh, down to 41 where it meets up with 506 to 509 to Ompah, backroads to Perth for a nice stopover, then up the 511 to Calabogie Road, then head back west, maybe up to Barry's Bay and Algonquin or do all the roads you missed through Kawarthas (Elephant Lake/503 vs 118 all the way, etc).

One of my favorite routes.

I prefer to have a destination as well and try to plan new, interesting looking roads each ride I take...use these to help you plan your adventures:

What? No Atlas Obscura

I already took a dream motorcycle ride through Central American jungles, villages and cities in 3 countries. The adventure many people can only dream of. I didn't take my own motorcycle, the logistics would had been too expensive, I just bought a disposable motorcycle over there. I posted the pics on this site many years ago. Went with my GF at the time. I have a thousand stories to talk about.
Ignore the guy. A moderator shouldn’t be such a xxxx. He can work out what that means.

Back
Top Bottom