FAST school. Who's going? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FAST school. Who's going?

I wouldn't be so concerned about the rain on Monday (20mm)...it's going to be wet AND feel like 5C, which means pretty slippery conditions as the tires won't get any heat. Will definitely be a learning curve for you. Just make the best out of it! Beats sitting in the office :)
You will have a blast no matter what! Tuesday is looking chilly also, but you will have dry conditions.
Best of luck and let us know how everything goes!

Well.. it's gonna rain both Monday and Tuesday by the looks of it... Monday's gonna rain cats and dogs... gonna knee down in the Rain! :p

What?! Riders Choice rescheduled their trackday from yesterday to Tuesday to avoid rain. SMH.....

What?! Riders Choice rescheduled their trackday from yesterday to Tuesday to avoid rain. SMH.....

FAST is still a 'go' :p

Agreed about learning how to ride/race in the rain.

But the odds of you surviving an actual hydroplane in a puddle while leaned over are next to nothing. If you hydroplane, your tires aren't making contact with the ground, you're hovering on water, which will put you on your back faster than you can blink. MotoGP riders have crashed hydroplaning in a straight line.
When your trying to win in motogp, you will crash rain, dry, makes no difference. They are pushing to the limit at all times. But ok if i hit a puddle i will fall down just for you. And Q3+ are not in anyway a good rain tire.

When your trying to win in motogp, you will crash rain, dry, makes no difference. They are pushing to the limit at all times. But ok if i hit a puddle i will fall down just for you. And Q3+ are not in anyway a good rain tire.

Agree completely on Q3+s being a subpar rain tire, I would prefer many Bridgestones or Michelins before even considering Dunlops for that matter.

Don't get defensive, I'm simply clarifying the gravity of hydroplaning. If you're riding at a pace that will allow you to hydroplane WHILE in a straight line you will most likely crash, the odds are 1 in a million that you won't. Now if you're leaned over and you hydroplane, that's it. Game Over.

However do mxers turn in mid air, according to you they should crash as soon as the tires leave the ground

I think he’s (Racer X) right. True hydroplaning is when you’re not in contact with the ground and effectively floating on the water surface as the water is being pushed under your tires. You’d have no traction then if leaned over and centripetal force and momentum is going to take you to the outside of the curve. It’s only an issue if there’s deep enough standing water though I think. You don’t generally have deep standing puddles on a track do you?

Yes there is big standing puddles on race tracks. And you made my point, you change your line so that after hydroing you are pointed in the right direction to finish the corner

Race season is just starting, too bad spectators dont attend in big numbers. Watching rain races is pretty entertaining. :)

It is laughable you think you can do anything let alone change direction/lean when you're hydroplaning. Where are you going to get the necessary traction to do anything like steering or braking when you have none of it. You're tires aren't making contact with the ground. If both wheels hydroplane simultaneously, you will definitely crash unless you get lucky and both regain traction very quickly.

This is what happens when you hydroplane, there was barely any steering input and the bike is upright. Yet you still believe you can lean during a hydroplane.

Worst luck ever... car won't start...

I just lost the best experience of my life

**** :(

Also @gsxr guy, I don't think you've hydroplaned. I definitely haven't because I've done some incredibly stupid through puddles. I'd imagine true hydroplaning would be similar to ice; just think about the science behind it.

WSBK race was cancelled sunday. There was streams running across it. And yet some riders still wanted to race, why? Because they are rain riders. Some people park it when it rains, some get very excited because they can win.

Go where closest, however TMP is a garbage track IMO.

They are both great schools, I always recommend FAST to my friends as we all like east of GTA.

Sid that is really too bad your car crapped out. Know what was wrong?

That sucks! bad. I was going to come on here and ask which one you were from the group. Yesterday's weather was atrocious, we were riding through buckets of water. Some people said hell no and never even got on track and others did a half day. There were 3 crashes, one of which was a high side and had to be taken to the hospital. Today however was awesome, the track continued to dry up and everyone was improving and building speed throughout.

Talk to Michel and see if you can get added to the next date for phases 1 and 2, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom