False advertising? | GTAMotorcycle.com

False advertising?

I don't have a problem with shooting for the moon.....but deliberately not answering direct questions about who is going to be there is BS. I asked questions on facebook about what was going to be there on the Supershow page....no response. That's just bad business. They should have been offering discounted tickets to the public or discounted vendor rates to try and get more attendance from dealerships/manufacturers.

I agree it was difficult after being shut down for 2 years but I think they also deceived people by not being up front about it being a smaller show this year. I didn't see any advertising about GP or Royal being there so I really wasn't surprised about that but I was expecting to see Indian, Yamaha, Suzuki etc there and was really surprised at how small the used bike market was. They likely didn't notice the 500 exhibitors over 6 halls in time to change it if they noticed it at all. But in the end they sent me several emails leading up to the show, one of them should have mentioned the downsizing and been honest. They have lost a lot of credibility in my book.

The biggest red flag was they had no vendor listing on their website. The website was all too generic and never looked to be actively updated with specifics.

If you noticed this, you already knew not to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree it was difficult after being shut down for 2 years but I think they also deceived people by not being up front about it being a smaller show this year. I didn't see any advertising about GP or Royal being there so I really wasn't surprised about that but I was expecting to see Indian, Yamaha, Suzuki etc there and was really surprised at how small the used bike market was. They likely didn't notice the 500 exhibitors over 6 halls in time to change it if they noticed it at all. But in the end they sent me several emails leading up to the show, one of them should have mentioned the downsizing and been honest. They have lost a lot of credibility in my book.
I agree with that. I don't care if they missed their goals but they knew things were substantially different long before you showed up. Reputation should be worth more than income from a single weekend. Maybe they are really hurting though and they needed to maximize this show as there may not be a next one?

I heard over and over again that it sucked donkey balls, and accordingly, I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

But they'll have burned a lot of bridges over this - I bet attendance is down next year.

its almost like ngaf about crappy meat, leather jackets, and a couple of harleys.

I've seen cooler bikes parked out by higher ground, except the coffee is better and I dont have to pay.

Was it really that bad? Ouch.
went once, havent been since

The one by the enercare center in toronto is much better, many different bikes, dealers, you can sit on them, see which ergos you like better, everything is spaced out and well lit and organized, there's no one trying to sell me his grandpa's leather vest...etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom