Fake licence plates | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fake licence plates

A criminal type I once knew, used to "borrow" plates off a random car. He'd photo copy them, (he had a hi tech printer) and return them to the car he borrowed them from within minutes, in the middle of the night.......no one (that mattered) knew.
He put the photo copied plates in those heavy plastic plate holders and put them on his car.
He never took a pinch for the plates.
It was the phoney US $50's he made, that finally got him.

I made a fake plate for the K75 when I traded it in. Just a project to see if I could. I can't remember if it was K75 or K75C. The art may be on a hard drive somewhere. Good enough from a distance especially with a cover on it. I didn't expect anyone to actually use it.

A lot of people make them after they lose one of their plates, rather than buying a new pair for full price. I drove around for years with a plate that I repainted because it was all rusty and falling apart. I think it was 30 years old when I finally replaced it.

As more and more cruisers are equipped with automated plate scanners that pick out everything from expired stickers to fake plates automatically (and can scan hundreds of plates a minute as the cruiser drives or sits) and pops up an alert and siren inside the cruiser, well, it's kinda a dumb idea.

A lot of people make them after they lose one of their plates, rather than buying a new pair for full price. I drove around for years with a plate that I repainted because it was all rusty and falling apart. I think it was 30 years old when I finally replaced it.
One of my car plates is very rusty. I would love to clean and repaint it but the ticket for that is the same as the ticket for making a completely fake plate and the ticket for a rusty plate is less bad. Apparently Subaru blue is really close to the stock colour.

One of my car plates is very rusty. I would love to clean and repaint it but the ticket for that is the same as the ticket for making a completely fake plate and the ticket for a rusty plate is less bad. Apparently Subaru blue is really close to the stock colour.
Back when plates got switched every year, blue on white, white on blue my brother had his old plated VW in for a repaint. Since they were painting the car blue they did the plate as well. A smear of white got him home until he could get new plates.

A slight hijack but I'm still running a nearly year old sticker. Did I miss something or is Ford playing a game?

Back when plates got switched every year, blue on white, white on blue my brother had his old plated VW in for a repaint. Since they were painting the car blue they did the plate as well. A smear of white got him home until he could get new plates.

A slight hijack but I'm still running a nearly year old sticker. Did I miss something or is Ford playing a game?
I didn't get the reminder in mail as i usually do.

When you go to get a new sticker, they will backcharge you for time your sticker was expired. This applies to stickers that expired after March 2020(IIRC). If you have a sticker that expired long ago, they assume it has been off the road and you only pay forward, recently expired stickers they assume have been on the road and expect you to pay.

I have no inside information but I expect Douggie will jack the sticker prices. Doing it on the retroactive stickers wouldn't surprise me.

I had a "friend" who bought a vintage Mustang in Georgia, then drove it up here on a trip permit. He then proceeded to drive it with the original Georgia plates for three years. Despite being a special sort of stupid, he was never caught.

Do the ANPR scanners work on out-of-province plates?

I have a funny feeling that Ontario cops won't have instant access to Manitoba license plate database, let alone Georgia.

Do the ANPR scanners work on out-of-province plates?

I have a funny feeling that Ontario cops won't have instant access to Manitoba license plate database, let alone Georgia.
At minimum there should be an agreement between Ontario and Province/State for this to happen. Ontario has one with NY, but not, for example, with MA. So whatever happens in MA (fines, tolls) stays in MA ;)

And I don’t know if there’s one between ON and GA.

Last edited:
At minimum there should be an agreement between Ontario and Province/State for this to happen. Ontario has one with NY, but not, for example, with MA. So whatever happens in MA (fines, tolls) stays in MA ;)

And I don’t know if they’re one between ON and GA.
Only Michigan and New York have reciprocal agreements for equivalent demerit points, for certain infractions. There's a long list of States that have reciprocal agreements for suspensions, due to non payment of fines.

While the plate scanners might not work on US plates, the idiot "friend" I mentioned didn't do anything to the plate renewal sticker. He should have been nailed a dozen times over and when it comes to a vehicle with an expired out of Province plate, that sucker is getting towed. Also, my understanding is that Canadian peace officers have access to many of the American State's registration databases, directly via their in-car laptops.

Here's the link to my original (sticky) post regarding reciprocal agreements.

As more and more cruisers are equipped with automated plate scanners that pick out everything from expired stickers to fake plates automatically (and can scan hundreds of plates a minute as the cruiser drives or sits) and pops up an alert and siren inside the cruiser, well, it's kinda a dumb idea.

I hope they don't laud this as "crime fightin'... Lol.

Orwell saw the anti-utopian expression of his own world as a world that would always be, and the future as “a boot stamping on a human face –forever”

I hope they don't laud this as "crime fightin'... Lol.

Orwell saw the anti-utopian expression of his own world as a world that would always be, and the future as “a boot stamping on a human face –forever”
Damn, that is pretty much the perfect distracted driving scenario. Alarms going off, trying to focus on a picture of a plate and compare it to a written plate. Horrendous. Any law enforcement agency that allows that screen to be in the drivers line of sight is setting themselves up for a lawsuit. If the passenger deals with it, no problems for me.

Cops can look at screens (and even interact with them) while driving legally.

I’ve seen video of the system in action, its pretty much no interaction needed, it just gongs and shows a close up of the plate (and an overall picture of the car for ID purposes) and the infraction it dinged for.

It seems they aren’t really using it for simple infractions like expired stickers and such when it goes off in traffic (high risk pull over for little reward) but more for stolen plates, wanted people, no insurance (yes, the cops can link plates to valid insurance now), that sort of thing.

As for the Orwellian rant, well, let’s all remember driving is a privilege, not a right.

Cops can look at screens (and even interact with them) while driving legally.

I’ve seen video of the system in action, its pretty much no interaction needed, it just gongs and shows a close up of the plate (and an overall picture of the car for ID purposes) and the infraction it dinged for.

It seems they aren’t really using it for simple infractions like expired stickers and such when it goes off in traffic (high risk pull over for little reward) but more for stolen plates, wanted people, no insurance (yes, the cops can link plates to valid insurance now), that sort of thing.

As for the Orwellian rant, well, let’s all remember driving is a privilege, not a right.
And let's also remember that you have no inherent right to privacy in a public venue.

Back
Top Bottom