Exhaust that fit on a GS500 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Exhaust that fit on a GS500

motomike

Are there any exhausts that fit on the GS500F that are made for other bikes. The reason im asking because i am having trouble to find a used exhaust for my bike. Im not looking for much of a performance increase, but i do want a better sound.

Any suggestions are appreciated

That would not work for me. I enjoy working on bikes and stuff, but i would prob screw that up, and be left without a muffler. Thanks for the link anyways, maybe in a few years ill try it.

But for now does any exhausts that would fit

Gs500 exhaust pipes have an unusual (smaller, I think) diameter. A special flange is needed to connect slipons. Check out www.gstwin.com.

Someone on the forum used to make them. Ask "The Buddha".

Sold my GS500 earlier but took out the can... its a stubby D&D that was fitted to my GS... here's a vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGpDH2cT6Pg

i have the can and mid pipe in the garage... hit me an offer if u want it...

The price is too much, but it looks awsome.

BTW if anyone has an exhaust that they would like to sell and would fit, please pm me

You do realize that you will have to rejet the carbs, so that slip-on will do something for you... and since you will be rejetting, you might as well put a K&N low-restriction intake. All-in-all, it's not that simple for GS500 :(.

You do realize that you will have to rejet the carbs, so that slip-on will do something for you... and since you will be rejetting, you might as well put a K&N low-restriction intake. All-in-all, it's not that simple for GS500 :(.

Im looking more for a sound difference than a performance difference. So maybe i will be able to skip that. :D

Im looking more for a sound difference than a performance difference. So maybe i will be able to skip that. :D

You can't. Check GSTwin forum for more info. GS500 already runs lean as it is. By adding the exhaust air flow, you'll screw up the gas/air mixture even more, and it will cause problems with the engine running at certain rpm's or even worse, the engine will start dying.

You can't. Check GSTwin forum for more info. GS500 already runs lean as it is. By adding the exhaust air flow, you'll screw up the gas/air mixture even more, and it will cause problems with the engine running at certain rpm's or even worse, the engine will start dying.

You just ruined my plan.
But thanks for the help, its probably better for me to learn this before i start spending money and wasting my time

I put in an order for that D&D exhaust 3M_TA3 installed on his old gs500f. I'll probably only see it when I get back from Europe though :D

I put in an order for that D&D exhaust 3M_TA3 installed on his old gs500f. I'll probably only see it when I get back from Europe though :D

When u finally get it installed pm me so we can go for a ride cause i wanna hear how it sounds

I had a vance and hines exhaust on mine with K&N lunchbox filter. It ran great and sounded awesome. Rejetting isn't a huge deal but if you aren't comfortable you can always send your carbs to "the buddha" on gstwins.com and he will rejet them for you.

If you do want to go this route, I've got a jet-kit for a gs500 that you can have for $20. All sizes from 13ish to 15ish...(I'll have to check)

-Adam

Do you have an exhaust or know where I can get one...If I find a can with the mid-pipe to fit over where I make the cut on the stock exhaust and is a tight fit and clap it would that work?...anyone know the diameter and what mid pipe would slip tightly over?

I just installed the Yoshimura TRS slip-on today. Sounds great, acceleration is up. But now I have a K&N filter that I want to install but I have to learn how to rejet. Anyone wanna teach me? =D

BTW, I was told you don't have to rejet for the slip-on. Atleast on some bikes. Everything seemed to work fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom