Evo's New Ride | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Evo's New Ride

The SW Motech Aero side cases would look good on this bike. The racks they come with are quick release, so they don't ruin the look of the bike when the cases aren't mounted.
No touring for some time yet, so i've got time to make a call on the bags. However, I really need to address the touring shield first. Sadly i'm guessing all the mfg are now way behind schedule due to COVID for their new products. Plus this is a 1st year model, so i'm guessing they still need R&D, etc. I may just bite the bullet and get the OEM one, we shall see.

Hmmm. In order for those to work, they would have to be intentionally opening the Schrader valve and then independently sealing the valve stem on the outside. That doesn't seem like a good idea. Normal metal valve stem caps contain an internal O-ring as a redundant seal.

Fair assessment. I'm guessing because it's so integrated with the systems in the bike, then the mark up.

One guy with the RR commented that he was out riding a few weeks back and suddenly the dash lit up flashing red TPMS at him, He pulled over, and checked out the report, he was down to 9 PSI on the front tire, caught a screw. No clue how or when it actually decides to activate and alert, but i'm a firm believer in not putting a price on peace of mind.

yikes

I've had a rear deflate at hwy speed to zero in about 30 seconds - 2 nails at the same time
that was stressful enough....a front? that would take some cool thinking and lots of luck to stay up

I like the looks of those FOBO monitors

I've usee them for years without issue. Pretty mature tech. Batteries on the valve senders last a long time.
UntitlTALON-22-38.jpg

This is the brand I used - forgot the senders on the bike I sold :(
Bike-Mon&R2.jpg

Hmmm. In order for those to work, they would have to be intentionally opening the Schrader valve and then independently sealing the valve stem on the outside. That doesn't seem like a good idea. Normal metal valve stem caps contain an internal O-ring as a redundant seal.

had to think on this

I figure the only benefit of the Schrader valve
is that you can remove/install the monitor without losing air

any monitor that is valve stem mounted runs the risk of a failed sensor causing spontaneous deflation
the in-tire ones like on a car would be a better solution for sure

what about tire balance?
wonder if these are heavy enough to worry about that?

Super, super comfortable. Doing a 500km ride tomorrow so we shall put it to the test, but at this point i don't expect to be springing for any extras to pull off long treks. Except for a touring screen, need one..badly. At 5"10 the stock screen is blowing the air right at the top of my lid, even on highest setting, so super noisy helmet even with plugs. OEM Touring screen was $360 with my dealership discount, so i'll try to hold off a bit and see what 3rd party options come out. For now i sprung for an HJC RPHA 70 ST lid, more proper for my riding position and one of the quietest on the market if the reviews are to be believed.
Ended up on a ride for about 9hrs, 630kms of various speeds. Got home and i could have jumped on for another 9hrs. Thumbs up!

Do the tpms caps just go on in place of the reg valve stem caps?
Yes. I also added metal t valve stems. So the tpms stay on even if you have to adjust air pressure. I replace the batteries every spring and thats it.

Last edited:
Yes they seal and lock on with a provided tool.

I would think so.

With the factory TPMS mounted inside the rim, you'll always see a collection of wheel weights on the opposite side after balancing.

Can't imagine it being much different with a weight at the end of a stem vs inside the rim.
They weigh next to nothing. Don't over think it.
Oh, also Garmin's use somewhat the same type of sensors but a lot more $.

Last edited:
I've usee them for years without issue. Pretty mature tech. Batteries on the valve senders last a long time.
UntitlTALON-22-38.jpg

This is the brand I used - forgot the senders on the bike I sold :(
Bike-Mon&R2.jpg

My phones always on me. With Fobo no need for extra displays.

Brilliant bike and great color choice buddy! I am going to follow this thread closely. Just 3 months into ownership of my S1000R and my wife has given up on riding pillion with me complaining about how uncomfortable the rear seat is. I have been warming her up towards this as our next bike! Fingers crossed...

No touring for some time yet, so i've got time to make a call on the bags. However, I really need to address the touring shield first. Sadly i'm guessing all the mfg are now way behind schedule due to COVID for their new products. Plus this is a 1st year model, so i'm guessing they still need R&D, etc. I may just bite the bullet and get the OEM one, we shall see.

How different is it from the 2019 model ?

I put one of these poverty TPMS on my wifes car. Yes, the sensor presses the valve core and moves the seal out to a chamber on the face of the valve stem. They don't depress the core until the seal seats. They have been on for a year with no noticeable pressure loss. If one happened to come loose and fly off (which has never happened to me), the valve core should reseat. I haven't smashed one to find out, but conceivably if you whacked one off something, you might be able to get the sensor to shatter but keep the threads and core depressor engaged. It's not that easy to hit it off something though.

Two of them stopped working which probably means batteries but I've had more pressing issues to deal with so I haven't checked.

Temp readings are all over the place and pretty useless anyway. I would be surprised if the temp measured at the end of the valve stem with no flow would be remotely correlated with anything going on in the tire.

71jBCX0TlqL._AC_SL1300_.jpg

Brilliant bike and great color choice buddy! I am going to follow this thread closely. Just 3 months into ownership of my S1000R and my wife has given up on riding pillion with me complaining about how uncomfortable the rear seat is. I have been warming her up towards this as our next bike! Fingers crossed...
This would be a much better choice.

If it makes you feel better about swapping 'down', the last gen RR and XR faced off on the track and the XR ran 1 second behind.

This would be a much better choice.

If it makes you feel better about swapping 'down', the last gen RR and XR faced off on the track and the XR ran 1 second behind.

Yeah this definitely will be a better choice from outright touring and comfort point of view vs. the single R. I absolutely don't mind the 'slight' downgrade in outright performance as i don't think i can ever utilize all of what these S1000 I-4 engines have to offer anyway.

I actually got myself in a funny catch 22 situation after getting the S1000R... I really wanted to get the S1K and the only way to get wife quickly on board with the idea was me telling her that the pillion seat is comfortable enough (big mistake)...first couple of rides and damn I got busted! She's fallen in love with going for rides on the bike now, but just hates the seat. So i gotto start looking for a more comfortable touring bike as my next purchase. Not really a bad problem to have i say. ;)

Hope to see your bike in person soon. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom