Everyone's Favourite Subject Leather Suits! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Everyone's Favourite Subject Leather Suits!

As far as undergear, PUG is the best. It has the most Cool Max fiber you can put in a fabric. It is designed to wick the moisture away and help reduce your core temperature buy the evaporation process of your sweat. So,, this process helps reduce moisture build up. Less moisture, less stick,,easier getting the suit on and off.
It may be more expensive but NOTHING works like it. If you are having trouble getting your suit off , buy a top anyways.

Good to know, I compared my Laguna Seca Pro to the Trickster and the latter is noticeably lighter. Aside from weight reduction, isn't kangaroo leather more abrasion resistant than cowhide? In theory, it should hold up the same way a cowhide suit would. How can you tell if you have a good or bad kangaroo suit?
\

CRASH! Bottom line is we are not jogging in them. It's maybe a few pounds?? If you have top grade cow and top grade kangaroo, the abrasion qualities will be the same the Roo is just lighter. I have seen two identical Kangaroo suits both crashed in the same corner,,one was trashed and the other was perfect. The Kangaroo can get,, for lack of a better term ,, Fluffy. So the leather is fine on the outside but the inner density is like a pastry. Cow typically they do not use this part of the hide. It's harder to cut and looks are not great. So good cutters will cut that part of the hide out. With kangaroo,, they have not got the supply so they use it all. So the reason kangaroo is more money is because it is harder to get. Dainese typically has good cutters and they do have some pride. So you run the risk of seeing this less with this company.Good companies will also use this part of the hide in a none stressed/impact area.
I have seen Kangaroo suits with a mix of cow and roo sold as Kangaroo. I do not see any increased abrasion resistance on my end for the money. But, every crash is different. Good hide has a very fine texture to it and feels dense.

Both good suits and if they fit great but I think the cost is greater then then any extra value. If the price is dropping then for sure. Taichi has been
known to grow their cows inside to prevent damage to the hides. But,,,,,,?

Yeah Taichi cost a small fortune. I read somewhere that Beef is considered premium meat in Japanese diet so their cows are raised like kings. Which in turns gives perfect hide.....

Good to know, I compared my Laguna Seca Pro to the Trickster and the latter is noticeably lighter. Aside from weight reduction, isn't kangaroo leather more abrasion resistant than cowhide? In theory, it should hold up the same way a cowhide suit would. How can you tell if you have a good or bad kangaroo suit?

Mina, where did you buy your Trickster?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I am just going to try on a lot of different suits over the winter and try and find something that fits perfect with solid protection. As far as shops with large selection of suits I think I read before GP bikes and Rider's Choice, usually stock quite a few. I am near London so none of them are terribly convenient for me though. I can't imagine that the Jan Bike show is a great time to try and find a suit with all the chaos going on but it might be my best shot to try a bunch on.

The bike show is the best place to try on a lot of suits. Wear your compression gear and bring your back/chest protector.

Racer5 suits are good for the money, no doubt about it. My only gripe is if you have skinny legs you'll find the bottom half too big

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Racer5 suits are good for the money, no doubt about it. My only gripe is if you have skinny legs you'll find the bottom half too big

Stop skipping leg day

hey guys looking for a good leather repair place. went down in my custom IMLEATHER suit and now i have a couple of holes to fix ;) can anyone recommand a place. not really interested in patches

hey guys looking for a good leather repair place. went down in my custom IMLEATHER suit and now i have a couple of holes to fix ;) can anyone recommand a place. not really interested in patches

go back to IMleathers?

Imleathers is not in business the owner passed away :(

Dainese D-Air suite. I know it's just hitting the market now, but what does everybody think of the new D-Air suite from Dainese? $3,000. I visited Riders Choice when they had the custom fitting from Dainese session and was surprised that the air bag was as small as it was. Protects the shoulders, collar bone and the neck but I thought the air bag would have been larger and go further up the neck area. Same technology as in their MotoGP suites and the lack of any serious upper body injuries in MotoGP has been impressive.

Psstt ---> Bickle Racing

I would love to buy a D-air suit. If it saved me from time off work for an injury it will have paid for itself but it's a lot of money upfront.

Dainese D-Air suite. I know it's just hitting the market now, but what does everybody think of the new D-Air suite from Dainese? $3,000. I visited Riders Choice when they had the custom fitting from Dainese session and was surprised that the air bag was as small as it was. Protects the shoulders, collar bone and the neck but I thought the air bag would have been larger and go further up the neck area. Same technology as in their MotoGP suites and the lack of any serious upper body injuries in MotoGP has been impressive.

Was $3000 for the custom fit D-air? or off the shelf D-air?

I think compared to other air suits out there its the cheapest.

I would love to buy a D-air suit. If it saved me from time off work for an injury it will have paid for itself but it's a lot of money upfront.

My thoughts exactly. Expensive sport to begin with. And then you need to factor in the cost of rearming it after it deploys. And if you deploy it on a Sat you are basically racing the Sunday with a conventional suit since track side rearming is not available.

Back
Top Bottom