Ethanol-free fuels | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ethanol-free fuels

Cool resource

But can we trust it? Sometimes I ask the attendant if their 91 is ethanol free, but I feel like they just say yes without knowing

Cool resource

But can we trust it? Sometimes I ask the attendant if their 91 is ethanol free, but I feel like they just say yes without knowing

Lets just say a guy working at the station may not be the best source for information .

pure-gas.org is user updated and highly inaccurate. Don't rely on it.

For ethanol free gas you will have to buy premium.
Three fuel companies that will always have ethanol free at any of their stations (in Ontario) are:

Shell premium (usually the most expensive)
Ultramar premium
Canadian Tire premium.

There may be others, perhaps Costco but the 3 above will have ethanol free.

Did you bother to open the link ?

"All Canada: Shell V-Power 91, Canadian Tire 91, Esso 91, Petro-Canada SuperClean 91"

Would be nice if that website also listed spots with dedicated premium pumps. Then you get only ethanol free premium instead of a hose full of ethanol regular to start. The Komoka Shell has a dedicated pump and is not even listed there under Komoka ethanol free. One in North end of Woodstock as well.

Also worthy to note, although Petro Canada has ethanol free 91, their 94 has 10% ethanol and engine runs noticeably hotter with it. Made the mistake of using Petro 94 for a while.

Costco premium is ethanol free, top-tier and way cheaper than anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Husky states on their 91 pumps that it contains up to 10%. I have used all other gas stations 91 no issues. Wouldn't be too concerned.

I noticed recently that Ultramar at the Airport Road and Bouvaird has a sticker that now says 10% Ethanol. Up until now have been going there, not anymore.

I suppose as our economies are so intertwined
as long as the US corn lobby still has the Gov in their pocket
we are also stuck with this crappy corn-gas

does everyone here actually use 91 in their bikes?

I guess that’s a side question but it’s pretty expensive these days

does everyone here actually use 91 in their bikes?

I guess that’s a side question but it’s pretty expensive these days

I'd like to, to avoid the alcohol
currently riding an older, carbed bike
and that stuff is not good for it

but it runs like crap on the higher octane
last tank of the year is 91 alcohol free
the rest is typical regular gas

Costco premium is ethanol free, top-tier and way cheaper than anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not worth the line for 10 L imho

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Not worth the line for 10 L imho

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk
Barrie is also good if you avoid the weekends. I normally either drive right to a pump or wait for one car.
I went once in scarbourough. That sucked. About 45 minutes to get through.
Newmarket was normally about 15 minutes so I would only stop for gas on the occasions where there was a wait of two cars or less.
If getting gas for toys/yard stuff, I just top of the car with premium and fill 15 gallons of cans so I don't have to do it that often.

My bike runs like crap and gets terrible fuel economy on premium - I literally loose over 50KM of range, and it's repeatable.

I burn good old 87 all summer long and have zero problems - it is what the bike calls for as well...but a tank of gas rarely sits more than 5-7 days in my bike, sometimes only hours, so I have zero concerns about phase separation or anything.

My last tank of the season I'll fill it with stabilized ethanol free for the winter.

In short, if you actually ride your bike enough to burn a tank of gas every 1-2 weeks, and your engine doesn't require high octane, IMHO you're wasting your money - same goes for your car.

I try to use Shell 91 in my Ducati as much as i can because the race ecu is mapped for it.Same with my trials bikes,but only because the premix stores better without the ethanol.
My lawnmower and snowthrower get it as well for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom