Essential Moto Tool Kit. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Essential Moto Tool Kit.

oioioi

Site Supporter
After watching the F9 video on inflating a tire with fire and some of the comments that followed it got me thinking about a roadside essential tool kit.

My bike currently has the factory emergency tool kit. These are not tools I would use for regular maintenance of a bike but when push comes to shove only.
I would like to "build on that", add things that will be easier to use as a tool but also other stuff.
I.E. Tire pressure equalizer as shown in the F9 video.

I also replaced my single headlight with an LED bulb from Amazon. It was about $35 for the single bulb but I can't say I trust its longevity. For that reason, I will include a Regular H4 bulb in my tool kit in case the LED dies unexpectedly.
CAA membership is next on the list.

So please chime in with what you carry on your bike as an essential tool kit.

Maybe split it into two categories.

1. Everyday/local rides, always on the bike.

2. Long distance riding/touring. Added to the luggage when heading out overnight.

Be as specific as you can. If it's not an item you purchased but made at home, provide details. Photos will also be great.

This isn't just for me but hopefully this thread can be good enough for others to benefit from and maybe a sticky. ?

i carry a small compact 3/8 socket set with rachet, plus i carry i set of assorted screwdrivers. also a set of allen keys both hex and torques

i carry a small compact 3/8 socket set with rachet, plus i carry i set of assorted screwdrivers. also a set of allen keys both hex and torques

Is this on your bike all the time or only on longer out of town trips?

i carry them all the time, i also carry a plug kit and 12v compressor

CAA Premier card. It only weighs 2 grams - best tool I ever bought.

I keep my bikes pretty highly maintained and do all the big jobs in the winter.
Because of that I found that my toolkit was always used for other people's bikes.
I don't really bother with much these days unless I'm going offroad.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I have a cruz tools outback'r multi tool I carry on me. It's got a few sockets(8mm,10mm,12mm), hex keys, #2 Philip's and flathead. Also have a SAE version

I know one guy who used to carry a fire extinguisher on his bike.
The group he rode with seemed to come across other groups with a bike on fire more than normal.

A lot depends on how much room you have to store stuff on the bike.
It'd be nice to have a half decent first aid kid, mouth to mouth mask, and some survival gear, as well as a toolkit.

OEM toolkit plus this little bag of goodies always on the bike
longer trips will include the compressor and a plug kit
really long trips I'll add the 32mm spanner for chain adjustments

lRNG59z.jpg

Thank you for the pic

I know that a CAA and VISA can solve a lot of issues.

But I’m sure some road issues can be resolved with some tools. any the time CAA shows up you might be done fixing the issue at hand.

How come nobody mentioned zip-ties yet, they should be high on the list,
and I assume your tool kit already includes spare fuses.

How come nobody mentioned zip-ties yet, they should be high on the list,
and I assume your tool kit already includes spare fuses.

I am planning on adding fuses into my kit once the CT opens up for regular traffic.

Both of these items are the "Obvious"but that it exactly why I started this thread.

To point out the obvious and not so obvious.

Its slowly growing but keep it coming. Once we have a good response and list of items, I will edit the first post and itemize the suggestions.

McGyver tools:
Swiss army knife
magnifying glass (you can start a fire with that if you have sunlight and you used up all your waterproof matches)
aluminum foil (conducts electricity and heat resistant)
dental floss (super tough thread for stitching yourself back together)
Aspirin tabs (the ones that thin your blood when you feel a stroke coming on)
electric tape (incase your first aid kit runs out of bandaids)
super glue
and a Tic remover (killed 4 of them suckers so far today)

dental floss (super tough thread for stitching yourself back together)
Aspirin tabs (the ones that thin your blood when you feel a stroke coming on)
electric tape (incase your first aid kit runs out of bandaids)
super glue
and a Tic remover (killed 4 of them suckers so far today)

One of my good friends is a paramedic... I should convince him to get a bike and come with me when I go ride

Zip ties;
electrical tape;
para-cord;
small first aid kit;
small multi-meter;
CO2 tire inflator + Stop'n'Go tire repair kit.

All that fits under my seat with bike's tool kit so it's pretty much there all the time.
LOL, there's a story that goes with each item ? not all very interesting though.

You carry a multi-meter! I am impressed, most people don't even know how to use one.

Yup had a reg/rectifier fail in Front Royal, just after coming down off the Skyline, bike wouldn't start after gassing up.
Super 8 Motel right next door. I keep a good quality one at home but this tiny thing is always on the bike. Not like it would have got me home tho.
Good plan, but a spare rectum frier might have been an even better idea ;)

LOL, yes I do have a riding buddy that carries one but he had split off from us a couple days before.
My new and improved unit is NEVER SUPPOSED TO FAIL AGAIN (y) yup I said it. never.

Back
Top Bottom