ESR (Eat Sleep Ride) | GTAMotorcycle.com

ESR (Eat Sleep Ride)

Pasierbek

Hey guys,

I just discovered this great app called ESR (Eat Sleep Ride), where it lets you log all your rides and has some challenges you can participate in, as well as link up for group rides. Is anyone here using ESR? How has your experience been with it?

There's been many attempts at this. These apps generally tend to lean into social media territory and fizzle quick.

Personally I'd rather focus on riding then using an app. Seems like an over-complication.

Next you know, you'll be riding to catch some pokemon.

Last edited:
I started using it this year to keep track of my routes and re-find places I discovered when just wandering. I just launch it and forget about it until I get back home. Totally ignore the social media side of it

These apps seem to be more popular in Europe but yes of course you can ignore the social part if the app is good.
Has a feature (paid iirc) called "Crashlight". It will automatically call for help and send your gps coordinates in case of an accident.
+everyone that I have met that is involved with the app, have been great people.
++ I won tix to the bike show one year from them ?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Well, I'm enjoying it so far and I don't think riders (at least the sane ones) are the demographic group to be involved in catching pokemon. To me, its got a lot of good tracking info and like Joe Bass said, the crashlight feature is very useful to have. If anyone wants to add me on there , my username is Pasierbek. If you have not tried it, don't bash until you've tried!

Neat idea, as Malamute mentioned, it seems good for tracking ride history when trying to recall a neat place you went. Crashlight seems pretty touchy, the medium and high settings went off with every bump and mid-throttle, on the low setting I have no idea if it will in fact work now. Would be nice for a diagnostic mode.

My only wonder is if law enforcement will be using it as well as an enforcement tool.

so lets say you have a minor lowside, you are fine, the bike is ridable, but your app just called the cops and you got charged with careless.....this app is a godsent.

so lets say you have a minor lowside, you are fine, the bike is ridable, but your app just called the cops and you got charged with careless.....this app is a godsent.

This app doesn't call the cops, it called a pre-selected set of numbers (loved ones) to let them know you may need assistance. I think you have 2 - 3 minutes to silence the alert.

Oh thats how it works? I thought you manually push a putton for help after the accident, sort like HELP IVE FALLEN AND CANT GET UP tv commercial with that old lady.

Oh thats how it works? I thought you manually push a putton for help after the accident, sort like HELP IVE FALLEN AND CANT GET UP tv commercial with that old lady.

Haha, HALP!

Exactly, you set the "sensitivity" of how much jolting your phone can take before it deems an accident has occurred. Once it senses an accident, it pops up on the screen and tells you a crash has been detected, you have 3 minutes to cancel it before it contacts your preset numbers.

It's a great idea given with phone mounts, you really start to think about parting ways with your bike in the country, being injured, and your phone is 100m up the road attached to your bike. Gives some piece of mind hoping that it's dialing out with your GPS coordinates.

Just to follow up, out last night, hit a tiny bump while accelerating at the same time and Crashlight went off, even on the low sensitivity. They need to refine it a bit more IMO.

There is also another one "CRADAR" which I may try.

Haha, HALP!

Exactly, you set the "sensitivity" of how much jolting your phone can take before it deems an accident has occurred. Once it senses an accident, it pops up on the screen and tells you a crash has been detected, you have 3 minutes to cancel it before it contacts your preset numbers.

It's a great idea given with phone mounts, you really start to think about parting ways with your bike in the country, being injured, and your phone is 100m up the road attached to your bike. Gives some piece of mind hoping that it's dialing out with your GPS coordinates.

Resurrecting an old thread since the app is still going strong. Curious how many here, use it now.

I have used it for 4 years now. Got in when crashlite was first introduced and you could buy a lifetime subscription. That part of the app works well now. They dropped the "challenges" last year, don't know if they will ever come back.

Probably for me the best part of the app is being able to allow others to track you in real time. Allowing my wife the piece of mind of being able to log in and see I am still moving down the highway, allows me, to do a solo trip out west every summer.

They also have some cool articles worth reading.

If private groups can be set up, I could see how it would be helpful when trying to catch up to a group after missing the start or getting separated en route. I'll have to see if I can talk some of the guys I ride with into trying it out.

Back
Top Bottom