Erik Buell Racing is BACK! AGAIN! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Erik Buell Racing is BACK! AGAIN!

At least their pricing and proposed sales volume has come back to earth. I can see it meeting that sales volume at that price.

Well... debts wiped clean and bikes priced to match mass production bikes already on the market sounds good, at least.

I have no issues with EBR/Buell's but if they are going to succeed it will be through edgy naked bikes with appropriate market pricing. Similar to KTM's path into bikes, they are succeeding in spite of their SS bike.

If they're going to succeed, it's by building what the R&D and tooling has already been spent on.

At the proposed price and sales volume, there will not be enough revenue to do any appreciable ongoing development - mark my words!

Only two models will be available at present, 75 percent of which will be the naked 1190SX, which will retail for $12,995. The faired, pure sport 1190RX model will sell for $13,995. Steve Smith, the new CEO, pointed out that this new lower pricing makes them considerably less expensive than the prestige European sport bikes with which they directly (and favorably) compete.

They will be closing their doors by the end of the year.
They are trying to compare their brand with Ducati...lol
I am not saying Ducati is the best hardware but they do have an established brand going back before tv was invented.

Good luck competing with the Japanese too.

I said this in the other Buell thread......build 2 models unchanged multi year production run at lower price. EBR cannot out R+D their competition anyway. Give the customer some stability and confidence unlike MV.

Only two models will be available at present, 75 percent of which will be the naked 1190SX, which will retail for $12,995. The faired, pure sport 1190RX model will sell for $13,995. Steve Smith, the new CEO, pointed out that this new lower pricing makes them considerably less expensive than the prestige European sport bikes with which they directly (and favorably) compete.

Those prices seem a bit low for Canada.

I said this in the other Buell thread......build 2 models unchanged multi year production run at lower price. EBR cannot out R+D their competition anyway. Give the customer some stability and confidence unlike MV.

stubborn persistence
failed 2 times already, maybe 3rd time is a charm

It seems that he could create his own series with his bike, make it affordable and fun...we are here to compete with ourselves not the big brands.
I like what the Nissan Micra crowd did...took a small cheap car, moded it and run their own series that is affordable and fun.

Those prices seem a bit low for Canada.

$ means USD, only $(��) denotes Canadian prices

Edit: aw, it didn't work. I can't put in the effort to save the joke

The rumour mill is going to churn for a bit on this one. I've heard much of their tools and tooling are being liquidated with just enough capacity left to assemble/sell existing inventory. Then EBR goes on the block again. Their current owners, Liquid Asset Partners describe themselves in an anodyne manner:

"About Liquid Asset Partners
Quickly turning your assets into cash! Since 1974, our management team has worked with banks, retailers, bankruptcy courts, trustees, manufacturers, and lenders. We specialize in turning your underperforming assets into cash."

Not the sort of business you would expect to develop a niche, but not premium, motorcycle brand, but Inreb has been wrong before.

Not the sort of business you would expect to develop a niche, but not premium, motorcycle brand, but Inreb has been wrong before.

There's a much more involved thread on Advrider that alludes to this. My suggestions are only what I would do hypothetically to make the business viable. I can barely tie my shoes so take it for what it's worth.

Maybe this is like that Richard Gere movie "pretty woman" . A corporate raider that buys companies and soaks up the assets and sell them off meets a down to earth tycoon and after dinner decides to build big ocean ships not part out the company!
The Buell story is just like a romantic comedy, without a hooker in the lead part.

There's a much more involved thread on Advrider that alludes to this. My suggestions are only what I would do hypothetically to make the business viable. I can barely tie my shoes so take it for what it's worth.

Still two steps ahead of me then. I've been reduced to slip-on boots and clogs, so I hope you understand (even while sitting) that your patronage is important. Credibility and credit are not the same thing, but one isn't useful without the other, as Erik has discovered.

Only three things will survive a worldwide nuclear apocalypse:

- cockroaches
- Old Order Mennonites
- Erik Buell Racing

Only three things will survive a worldwide nuclear apocalypse:

- cockroaches
- Old Order Mennonites
- Erik Buell Racing

And the Cockroaches, disappointed in EBR sales (thanks to no gasoline), will be trying to sell the company to the Mennonites. Makes sense though. If anyone could make horse-drawn bikes work, it would be the Mennonites.

Always liked their crazy engineering, but never could see myself owning one. I will admit their new bike is actually really nice and I would consider buying one if I had the money. However, it's gonna take some convincing to any potential customer that the company is going to be around for a while if you need support and parts.

Back
Top Bottom