Equador Freedom Bike rentals | GTAMotorcycle.com

Equador Freedom Bike rentals

Sochi

With my new bike sleeping in the garage I am starting having some winter blues... Winter travel anyone? Anyone's planning smthng?

Found this company on Facebook - anyone used them?

Worth the money?
when did you go and what routes did you take?

Last edited:
We didn't rent bikes from them, but on our travels south, we stopped in Quito to take a vacation from our vacation - took a side trip to the Galapagos Islands by boat.

We stored our bikes at Ecuador Freedom Bike Rentals. It's a professional outfit and I've heard good things about them.

1980071_10152362092702526_1683814602_o-L.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, @oomis has used them a couple of times and he's actually on another Ecuador ride right now as we speak. You can PM him when he gets back.

@Lightcycle Thanks, I envy your travel resume - it;s probably easy to count places you didn't visit LOL
Where are you planning to go next after life (hopefully) get back to some kind of "normal"?

Personally, I'd spend less time on a bike and more time on and around the Galapagos islands, if you've never been there before.

@LightcycleWhere are you planning to go next after life (hopefully) get back to some kind of "normal"?

We've got three main sections still to complete: Peru to Ushuaia, Turkey to Magadan and then a leisurely stroll around Oz.

Might be a while before things go back to normal. My buddy toured around North and Central America this year and he said everything was closed and the locals weren't too happy seeing tourists and other outsiders bringing in cooties to their small communities, which don't have access to adequate healthcare facilities.

His advice was to wait - Even if the borders are open doesn't mean you will have the full experience of visiting a place pre-COVID.

Or do both... :unsure:
Most people need more time and money to do that.

We went down for a few weeks, and could easily have spent six months and not done everything we wanted.

If I'm not mistaken, @oomis has used them a couple of times and he's actually on another Ecuador ride right now as we speak. You can PM him when he gets back.
Just a point of clarification; I was in Colombia and the company I was with is called Epico Adventures. Been there 3 times now, likely will keep going back.

Just a point of clarification; I was in Colombia and the company I was with is called Epico Adventures. Been there 3 times now, likely will keep going back.

@oomis Thanks for the info. Looks like a great option as those guys are locals (not gringos). Do you bring your own gear (helmet, jacket, boots, etc.) with you every time?

Personally, I'd spend less time on a bike and more time on and around the Galapagos islands, if you've never been there before.
It was our former honeymoon plans...we were about 10 days away from dropping deposit then COVID hit..we're starting to discuss it again.

:unsure:

the locals weren't too happy seeing tourists and other outsiders bringing in cooties to their small communities, which don't have access to adequate healthcare facilities.
I sometimes forget we are lucky and have easy access to vaccines as soon as they're available...we got bigger problems with the antivaxxers...

I suspect many poorer countries are still waiting around or relying on donations

Chile had the highest vaccination rate out of all countries in the world, many other Latin-American countries have levels well above USA..

I so hope we will be good to travel without guilt feeling later in 2022 ..

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but check out that road starting at 4:51...WOW!...and again at 6:55...mind you, she's now in Colombia...update: I've watched the whole thing and OMG, I was tense the rest of her way up and down on that so-called road with almost zero visibility...yikes...

Last edited:
@oomis Thanks for the info. Looks like a great option as those guys are locals (not gringos). Do you bring your own gear (helmet, jacket, boots, etc.) with you every time?
Yup, you bring your own gear. I prefer it that way, because I know I'm going to be comfortable in gear I'm familiar with. Yeah, I have nothing but great things to say about Ricardo (he's a one-man show). His routes are really (I mean really) off the beaten path, and we get to some places that are really out of the way. And we always take the hard way lol.

I'm not shilling for him, but his outfit is absolutely top notch, and he has exactly the right personality and temperment for this kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom