Engine code | GTAMotorcycle.com

Engine code

Ron700

Good evening,
I just bought a 2017 ZX6R and the engine light is on, code 63 , butterfly exhaust valve. It has a servobuddy to solve the code 63 but still there. The bike also has a power command 5.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Did the onset of this code coincide with you installing the servo buddy gizmo, or coincide with you doing something else to the bike, or did the code pop up more recently out of nowhere?

Do you still have the original exhaust butterfly servo, and if so, what happens if you plug that in the way it's originally supposed to be?

Reactions: TK4
Did the onset of this code coincide with you installing the servo buddy gizmo, or coincide with you doing something else to the bike, or did the code pop up more recently out of nowhere?

Do you still have the original exhaust butterfly servo, and if so, what happens if you plug that in the way it's originally supposed to be?
I bought it with the servo buddy already installed. And the light with the code on. Don’t have the exhaust servo but I think I could fine one to try it. Is there a way to test if the servobuddy faulty or is the code stored in the ecu?

The fault code in the ECU is stored, but it will no longer turn the light on once it sees correct response from the exhaust butterfly servo (or something that adequately simulates it). The obvious first thing is to check the security of electrical connections. Beyond that, the usual easiest way to troubleshoot aftermarket stuff is to get rid of it and put it back to stock and see what happens.

The fault code in the ECU is stored, but it will no longer turn the light on once it sees correct response from the exhaust butterfly servo (or something that adequately simulates it). The obvious first thing is to check the security of electrical connections. Beyond that, the usual easiest way to troubleshoot aftermarket stuff is to get rid of it and put it back to stock and see what happens.
Thanks Brian for your help when I get time to work on it I’ll post and let u know 👍

Back
Top Bottom