Energica - The 400km range electric motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Energica - The 400km range electric motorcycle

That was a damn good representation of what it's like to ride electric, thanks for posting. When he talked about how smoothly it handles and you just move your hips ... I may have been "dancing" up Rosedale Valley Rd the other day in exactly that fashion. ?

One thing I appreciate about when Zero posts their bike stats is the range they include is typical, not idealistic the way others do. And to be so far out of whack with the actual number, bloody hell. Realistically you're probably going to get about half that.

Anyway, that being said, if I had the money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd snap this up. But if I had that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd be doing a whole lot of other things differently too. ?

The whole engine braking thing never even occurred to me with electric bikes, interesting to see how they handle it. No gears or clutch would do my head in too at first id say. Still won't be buying ev bike anytime soon though.

The whole engine braking thing never even occurred to me with electric bikes, interesting to see how they handle it. No gears or clutch would do my head in too at first id say. Still won't be buying ev bike anytime soon though.
I thought the same thing about gears/clutch, but it was less of an issue than I expected; I was used to it within an hour or so. After that it was only when I had to slow down really quickly that I occasionally instinctively went to grab for a clutch to downshift, but that was only for a few weeks I think. Who needs gears when you have all the torque? ?

One thing I appreciate about when Zero posts their bike stats is the range they include is typical, not idealistic the way others do

This is the biggest obstacle to EV adoption - manufacturers that post fantastical range claims that are not even remotely based in reality for typical riders/drivers, and owners that expect that number (even if it's a "realistic" vs "pipe dream" figure) to be a firm guarantee.

You don't buy a vehicle that says it will go "500KM" on a tank of gas (for example) because we all know that can vary all over the map, yet people buy an EV that says it will go 350km on a charge and expect that, without fail, it will go 350km on a charge. In many circumstances, it will not - sometimes not even close. The same as how a gas car that claims 40mpg might struggle to get 30 sometimes. But people don't understand that yet.

This is the biggest obstacle to EV adoption - manufacturers that post fantastical range claims that are not even remotely based in reality for typical riders/drivers, and owners that expect that number (even if it's a "realistic" vs "pipe dream" figure) to be a firm guarantee.

You don't buy a vehicle that says it will go "500KM" on a tank of gas (for example) because we all know that can vary all over the map, yet people buy an EV that says it will go 350km on a charge and expect that, without fail, it will go 350km on a charge. In many circumstances, it will not - sometimes not even close. The same as how a gas car that claims 40mpg might struggle to get 30 sometimes. But people don't understand that yet.
FALSE ADVERTISING!

didn't notice that, very interesting. They look like handroids, but not sure what accessory that is.

So off topic, but related more to his gloves in the video, there is some plastic like storage tube kinda thing on his left glove (see around 12:13 in vid).
Bugging me...what the frik is it ?

It's a visor wiper (squeegee) for wet / fog / etc conditions.

I just use RainX.

Back
Top Bottom