Endras Motorrad Out of Business | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Endras Motorrad Out of Business

Is this legit or just some guy working out of his home garage ?
I dont understand why some guy working out of his garage would not be considered legit? Assuming they are competent and do good work. My experience has been that the person in their garage cares about their clients and often the big shops tell you to get stuffed.

IIRC @shanekingsley used to use an amazing garage guy all the time. @frekeyguy works out of his garage and I have never heard of anyone complaining about his work. I think there is a great duc mechanic in a garage (but that may have been shanekingsleys guy?).

I don't understand why some guy working out of his garage would not be considered legit? Assuming they are competent and do good work.
No argument IF they are competent (and lots are), but if something goes wrong then what's your recourse ?
The guy doesn't have a shop licence or liability insurance so you're hooped.

No argument IF they are competent (and lots are), but if something goes wrong then what's your recourse ?
The guy doesn't have a shop licence or liability insurance so you're hooped.
That's reasonable. It is easy enough to check if garage has insurance. IME, if big shops screw up, they often blame you to try to dodge the issue. It is just a financial game and they would rather burn one relationship than have to pay to fix (or even worse, file a claim).

That's reasonable. It is easy enough to check if garage has insurance. IME, if big shops screw up, they often blame you to try to dodge the issue. It is just a financial game and they would rather burn one relationship than have to pay to fix (or even worse, file a claim).
You're not likely to get insurance if you're operating out of a residence (zoning by-laws), plus there's the whole hazardous waste disposal thing, etc., etc.
Its one thing to look after your own stuff and your buddies, its another to try and make a living at it.

The issue with independent shops is that unless it's a generic service or repair, there's so much specialized equipment specific to BMW motorcycles.

I got my rear tire changed by an independent shop when I was rolling through Calgary because the dealership was all booked up. I had to call around to several places because you need a special adapter to balance the single-sided swingarm wheel. Most said they could mount the tire, but couldn't balance it.

They were fantastic to deal with, BTW.

Also, if it's a later model BMW and you need to update the firmware on the computer, then only authorized BMW shops (dealership and independents) have the equipment and access to the updates.

Harley is different, harley likes to keep the rider on the road, so if you're passing through they will take you in and service your bike on the spot.

No BS of can you make an appointment or waiting for hrs

Harley is different, harley likes to keep the rider on the road, so if you're passing through they will take you in and service your bike on the spot.

Yes, BMW is the same.

This was early on in my Motorrad ownership. I don't think I knew about the out-of-town traveler special accommodation back then, so when I called the dealership, they thought I was a local.

We learned the trick pretty quickly though. All throughout our travels, when we're trying to book service at a BMW dealer, we always mentioned we're traveling and most of the time they'll make space in the garage for us on short notice.

you need a special adapter to balance the single-sided swingarm wheel

is this for all SSSA tires? or just unique to BMW as far as you know?

is this for all SSSA tires? or just unique to BMW as far as you know?
Whether you balance dynamically (spinning) or statically (with a hanger balancer) you'll need a set of cones to firmly hold the wheel in place. They vary in centre diameter from bike to bike (Honda, BMW, Ducati, etc.) I had a buddy get a set made up for use in his shop, he uses them about 5 times a year in total. He figures (now) it likely wasn't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom