Electrical question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Electrical question

TrippyZip

So my low beams went out recently and only my highs work...I checked the bulbs they're fine the fuses all seem to be fine and I left it out in some serious rain for a few days i was at the cottage...anyways I've heard it could be a loose connection in the switch bar...I opened it up to find the to yellows connected and the white wire loose should this be attached and if so where??

I've looked at a service manual and the white wire is the low beam wire.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG-20120803-00051.jpg
    IMG-20120803-00051.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 18
So my low beams went out recently and only my highs work...I checked the bulbs they're fine the fuses all seem to be fine and I left it out in some serious rain for a few days i was at the cottage...anyways I've heard it could be a loose connection in the switch bar...I opened it up to find the to yellows connected and the white wire loose should this be attached and if so where??

I've looked at a service manual and the white wire is the low beam wire.

Thanks for any help

theres a small connector under the where the 2 yellow wires are connected thanks though

Looks like it needs to be soldered to one of those solder blobs in the pic. Just touch it to them when you have the low beam activated and if your headlights light up then you've got the right one.

Without knowing your bike model and your headlight setup, I can't comment directly on the solution.

-Jamie M.

Looks like it needs to be soldered to one of those solder blobs in the pic. Just touch it to them when you have the low beam activated and if your headlights light up then you've got the right one.

Without knowing your bike model and your headlight setup, I can't comment directly on the solution.

-Jamie M.

Yup that was basically it, there's actually a small lil nubby beside where the two yellow highbeam connectors are, for the low beam switch

2003 gsxr 600

Back
Top Bottom