Electric Motorbikes are here from Harley, Triumph, Ducati and ???? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Electric Motorbikes are here from Harley, Triumph, Ducati and ????

Old thread but I am curious if you ever found someone who would insure your electric conversion. I'm looking to do the same.
There was an insurance broker from Ottawa that was recommended to me who specializes in custom bike insurance. I've lost his info now but can dig it up if someone needs it. He said that if I get an appraisal done and am willing to move my home, auto, etc, to whoever agrees to insure it then he could find me something for me.

Reactions: pwd
There was an insurance broker from Ottawa that was recommended to me who specializes in custom bike insurance. I've lost his info now but can dig it up if someone needs it. He said that if I get an appraisal done and am willing to move my home, auto, etc, to whoever agrees to insure it then he could find me something for me.
I'll only believe that guy once I had a policy in my hands (and even then, I won't entirely trust it until the policy has been tested by a claim). Salespeople say lots of things to get your business. Not all of it is true.

I'll only believe that guy once I had a policy in my hands (and even then, I won't entirely trust it until the policy has been tested by a claim). Salespeople say lots of things to get your business. Not all of it is true.
I was just looking for liability. Paying for a little slip to make road legal. Certainly no intentions of trying to make a claim. At this point I haven't touched the project in over a year. It was the most boring motorcycle I'd ever ridden.

I was just looking for liability. Paying for a little slip to make road legal. Certainly no intentions of trying to make a claim. At this point I haven't touched the project in over a year. It was the most boring motorcycle I'd ever ridden.
I almost never care about the value of the bike. I only care about losing my house and all future income. Sadly, you or I don't have a say in whether a liability claim is made. The injured party gets to make that decision. The power of the microscope is directly proportional to the size of the claim. Hit a sign for $5K and they will pay it. Hit a jaywalking pedestrian that claims 1M and insurance company will spend a lot of time and money looking for ways out (which punts the bill for the lawyers and settlement to you personally).

Back
Top Bottom