'Electric' bikes are getting ridiculous | GTAMotorcycle.com

'Electric' bikes are getting ridiculous

Ya, there is no way you would want those headlights on an electric, they would suck way too much power.

Ya, there is no way you would want those headlights on an electric, they would suck way too much power.
checkout the brakes, as an MV owner you should get a kick out of them. Might be hard to discern without zooming in.

One of those f'n things got behind me yesterday at brant & lakesore. They were 2 up. I'm guessing the bike was hauling 600-700lbs of "people", they were XXXXXL.
I didn't try to lose them, but from there to northshore to plains rd, these crazies were in my mirrors the whole way, and I'm the 1 paying for plates & insurance. WT actual F?

checkout the brakes, as an MV owner you should get a kick out of them. Might be hard to discern without zooming in.
and the wrong forks to match the bodywork and saddle. It's not a BMW it's a Bitsa
Bitsa this and Bitsa that.

Bet he can't go very far or fast with the headlight on.

Don't all late model BMW SS bikes come with Brombos?

I zoomed and zoomed in but see no pedals :unsure:

If you look really hard at one in the flesh you'll see vestigial pedals hiding behind the rider's pegs. They aren't connected to, nor do they turn anything - they are just there to satisfy the letter of the law. Its total BS.

It's also 50 pounds too heavy to be a classed as a moped, what's it doing on the road?

Reactions: TK4
My thoughts on ebikes:
1) they should all be plated and registered. One time, pay a small fee ($25) at time of registration, require registration be kept current to the owner, no annual sticker fee. Require a basic safety upon vehicle transfer (brakes, lights, steering and suspension)
2) Raise the max governed speed to 60kmh, heavy fines for exceeding that speed. That way they can handle city traffic without being a hazard rolling along at 32kmh.
3) No access to bike lanes.
4) No insurance required.
5) Include street legal ICE motorcycles and scooters up to 50cc.

I think the point of these things is low impact inexpensive transportation. Most of the damn things have simple jumper you disconnect to remove the governer -- they already do 60kmh and perform about the same as a 50CC Vino.

My thoughts on ebikes:
1) they should all be plated and registered. One time, pay a small fee ($25) at time of registration, require registration be kept current to the owner, no annual sticker fee. Require a basic safety upon vehicle transfer (brakes, lights, steering and suspension)
2) Raise the max governed speed to 60kmh, heavy fines for exceeding that speed. That way they can handle city traffic without being a hazard rolling along at 32kmh.

I think the point of these things is low impact inexpensive transportation. Most of the damn things have simple jumper you disconnect to remove the governer -- they already do 60kmh and perform about the same as a 50CC Vino.

Or just incorporate them into the current, already existing moped and 50cc scooter regulations ?

I'm not gonna lie.
My kid is almost 17 and driving is not in his plans, but he's looking at an ebike for transpo to school.
It won't be the ninja look a like, but more the scooter/ ruckus style.

I agree with MM post.
Maybe they should have insurance though.
I like these and think they have a place, if they are regulated and rules are followed/ enforced.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Or just incorporate them into the current, already existing moped and 50cc scooter regulations ?
I'm not opposed to very small e/ice bikes getting a free pass if they are limited to 60kmh. I can remember when mopeds had a free pass, I don't recall them being terribly dangerous or annoying to motorists as they could keep up with traffic.

I think it should be mandatory that all 2 wheel powered machines have a minimum M1 requirement. That would make sure the operators at least knew enough basic stuff to ride, it also makes the DUI issues very simple.

Just enforce the laws, the one in the pic and a few before this one are not mopeds, until it meets the law requirements anyway
and that thing is too heavy. That model is a non licensed, non insured electric motor scooter in Ontario until you plate it.
A Pit bike. Perfect for scooting around the pits (y)

I'm not gonna lie.
My kid is almost 17 and driving is not in his plans, but he's looking at an ebike for transpo to school.
It won't be the ninja look a like, but more the scooter/ ruckus style.

I agree with MM post.
Maybe they should have insurance though.
I like these and think they have a place, if they are regulated and rules are followed/ enforced.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Is he going to park it at the school bicycle racks? High school?
Definitely get a real motorcycle with a plate on it or it's gone. Unless Toronto has changed a whole bunchI
Get a SuperCub and he can leave it to his grand children lol

My thoughts on ebikes:

You want an uninsured 250 lb vehicle (plus riders) travelkig at 60 km/h? Seems crazy to me, way too much energy there. I like your concept, but I think they need insurance (or if you want a non-insured class, make it a pedelec class at 60 lbs and 32 km/h powered which roughly reduces the crash energy by a factor of 16).

Back
Top Bottom