Education/Training Materials | GTAMotorcycle.com

Education/Training Materials

derek240

Other than attending track schools, I've found there are a lot of good material out there to help your skills improve. And though they may all say similar things, one person's way of describing something is going to be more effective than others, even though the underlying principles are the same. So I wanted to share a few resources that I've read/watched, and see if there are any other ones you found helpful.

• Twist of the Wrist II
  • Motovudu - Dark Art of Performance
  • Performance Riding Techniques: The MotoGP Manual of Track Riding Skills

I would also recommend watching them in that order, as they increase in technicality. Also the Performance Riding Techniques is a book, so having watched some video is a good helper for visualization of techniques and principles mentioned in the book.

Any other recommendations?

Just as a side note, 2 great motogp documentaries, Faster (2003) and Fastest (2011) are really great to watch as well.

Just as a side note, 2 great motogp documentaries, Faster (2003) and Fastest (2011) are really great to watch as well.

for entertainment... not so much for training.

Trevitt's Sportbike Suspension Tuning is a great read.

Trevitt's Sportbike Suspension Tuning is a great read.

+1 Contains all the info your average track day rider is ever going to need about suspension setup. Actually, I wish everyone was FORCED to read the section on preload before touching a wrench...

If you really want to wander into the weeds and geek out on suspension tech, try looking at the manual that comes with a Penske shock...

+1 Contains all the info your average track day rider is ever going to need about suspension setup. Actually, I wish everyone was FORCED to read the section on preload before touching a wrench...

If you really want to wander into the weeds and geek out on suspension tech, try looking at the manual that comes with a Penske shock...

Theres a legendary thread on here... might have been deleted by now... with lots of talk about preload. I think that thread took about 6 months off my life

Theres a legendary thread on here... might have been deleted by now... with lots of talk about preload. I think that thread took about 6 months off my life
If you can't touch the ground you soften up the rear and if your windscreen doesn't give you adequate protection you stiffen the front :)

If you can't touch the ground you soften up the rear and if your windscreen doesn't give you adequate protection you stiffen the front :)

Pure crap. Everyone knows you lengthen the dog bones and lower the fork tubes in the triple/head stock as far as they go.... :D

Back
Top Bottom