ECU Flash - Local w/Dyno or Send To USA | GTAMotorcycle.com

ECU Flash - Local w/Dyno or Send To USA

jay-d

Site Supporter
I plan on getting a LeoVince full exhaust with a DNA drop in filter for my Tracer 9 GT.

I'm not sure what option to pick as I've never had an ECU flashed on any of my bikes before. The furthest I got was a Power Commander 5 on my VFR.

There's two options in the USA, Vcyclenut or Moore Mafia, both have tuned/dynoed the Tracer 9 GT and the cost is $305 USD with $60 CAD to ship it. Total around $500 CAD. Shipping is 1 week there, 1 week back, so 2 weeks minimum.

Vcyclenut has extensive information on his flashing process and shares it all on his website. Even has flashes with the same mods as my bike.

Moore Mafia also has tunes, but I feel they are more broader and not as precise as Vcyclenut simply due to not having the similar mods for their flashes.

Would I be better off getting a custom tune to my bike for another $400 ($900 for local dyno tune/ecu flash) from Speedlab.ca in Newmarket?

Are there other dyno places in the GTA that I should also check out?

I am of the opinion that anyone buying a 'canned" tune doesn't understand "tuning"

How can someone tune YOUR bike to local conditions... without YOUR bike and your local conditions.
Any REAL tuning shop has access to a dyno.

A dyno tune on your specific bike should have better results that an off the shelf tune. You can also discuss your desires with the tuner. For instance, maybe you want to clean up mixture at cruise throttle to fix a bog that manufacturer accepted while hitting emission targets.

Some gtam people have been happy with speedlabs work.

Edit:
Your bike down time is also a day instead of weeks and if you aren't happy, it is another day to fix not more weeks.

Last edited:
Awesome, I will go ahead and book my appointment with Speedlab!

I had my FZ09 flashed by Vcyclenut 8 years ago, bike is still running well 95,000 kms later.

Speedlabs did my track/race bike this month, all positive, will probably use their dyno services later this summer.

What are you looking to achieve with the flash? My fz09 throttle response was brutal, the flash fixed it and there was no need for a dyno as it spends most of its life on the DVP.

What are you looking to achieve with the flash? My fz09 throttle response was brutal, the flash fixed it and there was no need for a dyno as it spends most of its life on the DVP.
I'm getting a full LeoVince exhaust, lower my fan temp, remove any throttle restrictions in all gears. I figure it will cost me around $500 CAD to ship/receive my ECU so might as well spend another $400 and get it done locally and all within a day.

+1 for Speedlabs in Newmarket.

You can actually see your maps being changed so you can tune riding modes for your liking in addition to all the restrictions being removed and power curve smoothed, etc.
Price a bit higher comparing to shipping ECU out but is more specific to the bike setup and removes all the hassle of removing it and waiting for it to return..

I'm getting a full LeoVince exhaust, lower my fan temp, remove any throttle restrictions in all gears. I figure it will cost me around $500 CAD to ship/receive my ECU so might as well spend another $400 and get it done locally and all within a day.

The good thing about Speedtune being local is that they can save your info and do a quick change if necessary, i/e you don't like the fan temp settings. Regarding the dyno for your bike, they may have already flashed and dyno'd another Tracer 9 and you might be able to save a few dollars and use something that have already on file, it's worth asking.

I did mine at Speedlab....dont regret it one bit.
Matt answers any questions you may have as well. I love the AFR...when the temps are right sometimes I manage to pop flames at certain RPMs lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom