Echelon | GTAMotorcycle.com

Echelon

Merkid

Is anyone else having issues with getting info back from Echelon?

I am still awaiting for written confirmation on a new bike coverage. NFP is managing them and they tell me they are slow on the paperwork. I was provided a pink slip and I know the costs so not too worried altho I would like to read the agreement.

Was with echelon years ago. I recall them being quite slow on the paperwork.

They were however very diligent during my claim.

Couldn't download my info from their site I did get all the paperwork in the mail incl the correct pink slip.

So that works out to a three month venture.

Couldn't download my info from their site I did get all the paperwork in the mail incl the correct pink slip.

So that works out to a three month venture.
Sorry about this Merkid. NFP is a brokerage (not an insurance company) meaning we compare the best rates and coverages for you from different insurance companies and find you the best fit for your bike. One of the companies we can place coverage with has had ongoing delays with paperwork due to them completely overhauling their IT systems. It makes way more work for our office as well and have been putting pressure on them to get that backlog sped up.

Are you folks still happy with Echelon? Ive bought a Triumph Rocket 3 and the only reasonable rate being offered by RidersPlus or OpenRoad etc is underwritten by Echelon. Otherwise, all the other big names are totally untouchable for insurance rates.

Yes, they were late with their paperwork but lived up to their original quote for my three bikes.
Thanks Merkid, im more concerned to know about the experience you had regarding their willingness to keep the customer happy or push back on claims as all companies do - some more than others. To date, Aviva, my current insurer has been very good. Sadly, their insurance doesn't cover bikes past the 1900cc mark.

Dealing with a BIG mistake on my policy that was entirely Echelon's fault. Hoping for a satisfactory AND speedy resolution but if that doesn't happen I'll be broadcasting my displeasure everywhere I can.
NFP is also the broker and I'm hoping they have the clout to force Echelon into fixing it quickly. Unfortunately I have my doubts.

Credit where it is due - NFP came through resolving my issue (after the fact) with Echelon. Doesn't leave me with any warm & fuzzies about Echelon however.

I say after the fact with NFP, because this issue should have been flagged in the beginning of June and there was zero communication with their client (me). It only got noticed by me in August, and resolved because I had to reach out.

NFP reactivity score: A+
NFP proactivity score: if you have nothing nice to say...

Coles notes - Echelon "lost" my premium payment that I made online in good order in June. Didn't tell me.
Cancelled my policy outright without warning, due to "failure to pay premium". Sent a letter by regular mail that only arrived last week.

Echelon pulled a similar stunt on me: I added a new bike to an existing bike policy, Riders Plus used an old, cancelled credit card that I wasn't aware they kept on file (I was expecting an invoice). Instead of a phone call from the broker, Echelon sent the registered cancellation letter for non-payment, "extorting" a $50 penalty in order to correct the situation. They were threatening to cancel not only the newly-added bike 2, but also the original policy for bike 1, which was fully paid. Riders Plus told me it is my responsibility to insure that their records are current. Good luck trying to get insurance anywhere if you have a "non-payment". Needless to say, upon renewal I won't deal with either company again. I hope the $50 was worth it.

Last edited:
My credit card was authorized to submit monthly payments on the 1st of every month. I got an email from NFP and registered letter today from Echelon that no payment was made and my policy was cancelled. Sure enough the credit card payment did not go out on the 1st.

I made a separate payment a few days ago that included a $50 penalty charge. Now I see that the credit card did make the payment today.

What a screw up. Echelon has now two payments incl the penalty charge, my credit card company won't return my call and I have no insurance coverage.

Voting with your lost business is normally the best avenue, but I doubt they will care about losing one policy, and your experience elsewhere will not be any better.
Legalized collusion and extortion at the highest levels, and we're all stuck in it.

My credit card was authorized to submit monthly payments on the 1st of every month. I got an email from NFP and registered letter today from Echelon that no payment was made and my policy was cancelled. Sure enough the credit card payment did not go out on the 1st.

I made a separate payment a few days ago that included a $50 penalty charge. Now I see that the credit card did make the payment today.

What a screw up. Echelon has now two payments incl the penalty charge, my credit card company won't return my call and I have no insurance coverage.
Hi Merkid. You should have first gotten a notice letter that the payment did not go through and a deadline of about 20 - 30 days to sort it out with Accounts. The actual cancellation letter is only mailed out after a 2nd payment attempt doesn't go through after that deadline. Did anyone explain WHY that credit card payment didn't go through on the 1st of the month? was it a limit or security issue that caused it? Hope I can help here and if you can DM me with your full name and I can try to take a peek at your file. Always contact the broker first for payment issues like this. The only time you really deal with the insurance company directly is during a claim.

Thanks for the info. I did sort things out by talking to both the Card company and the NFP Broker yesterday. Altho I had sufficient monies on my card on the day of the withdrawl, no one is taking blame for the late payment. Thru the Broker I switched the payment source from the card to a bank account. Hopefully funds will get taken out on time.
After all this effort I am assuming I still have coverage but still upset about the $50 penalty fee.

Well after getting a registered letter from Echelon last fall to cancel my policy for missing a payment when my credit card expired, I arranged for direct withdrawals out of my chequing account and all was good.

Even better, the renewals on my two bikes just came thru and both came down by 18% from last year. WooHoo !

I do have to wonder the reason for it tho... :cautious:

Back
Top Bottom