Echelon and M&W parting ways | GTAMotorcycle.com

Echelon and M&W parting ways

Parting ways is the reason for non-renewal ?
If Echelon was the only company that M&W had in their inventory that would insure him with, then yeah. I can see that. Odd though.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

If your wish is to stay with Echelon, Dalton Timmis is still with them. I was renewed till 2020.

If Echelon was the only company that M&W had in their inventory that would insure him with, then yeah. I can see that. Odd though.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
No one wants the GROM?! :cry:

Isn't Riders Plus Insurance using Echelon?

I heard horror stories of how expensive Grom insurance was a few years ago when I toyed with the idea of getting one. That was IF you could find an insurer in the first place.

My wife is still with Echelon through Dalton Timmis, as Lakota mentioned. Give them a ring and chances are unless this is actually an Echelon thing where they're going the route of Aviva and dropping a lot of their MC business, you should be OK.

I was with Echelon as well, through Young insurance brokers, and they dropped me as well, after looking into it, the problem is echelon doesn’t insure super sports anymore and a few others... they have recently been bought out by “CAA” if I remember correctly... so regardless of who your broker is depending on the bike you ride you will get dropped. I gave M&W a call and got a great deal better than what I had with echelon.

Interesting, I just set up insurance on the 2nd of this month to start on the 20th through echelon. Curious to see what'll happen.

Dammit I got dropped by Aviva and just joined Echelon. Hope I don't need to deal with more BS. Assuming I will be fine considering no SS's.

I guess the industry is forcing us all to higher premiums one way or another. Drop you if you have less then 6 years experience, buy out the competition and drop you all together. Can't win at this. Not liking it...

I heard horror stories of how expensive Grom insurance was a few years ago when I toyed with the idea of getting one. That was IF you could find an insurer in the first place.
I pay $40/month for the Grom. ?‍♂️

I pay $40/month for the Grom.
I just insured my Husqvarna te450 yesterday with Desjardins, a whopping $89 per year. Td has all my other business, cars, bikes and home, but they wanted $480 per year for the husky.
Funny, the agent offered me a 12 month payment plan on an $89 annual policy.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

If Echelon cancelled M&W (most likely scenario), Echelon cannot deny a renewal to an existing M&W / Echelon client.
I pay $40/month for the Grom. ?‍♂️
Groms are expensive for 125cc bikes because of their payout record -- they are the hooligan bikes of the 125cc world. I have a couple of ancient 125 Suzuki's (which eat Groms for breakfast) -- they cost me $23/mo to insure.

But it's all relative. Sure the Grom costs 75% more than other 125s, an 18 year old can insure himself for about $500, compared to $2000 for a 300cc Ninja and $6000+ on a 600cc SS.

I just insured my Husqvarna te450 yesterday with Desjardins, a whopping $89 per year. Td has all my other business, cars, bikes and home, but they wanted $480 per year for the husky.
Funny, the agent offered me a 12 month payment plan on an $89 annual policy.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Woah, I thought $300/yr for my SXV 450 was cheap, and thats with everything else with them except the Hyper. Wait, I see you're in Barrie...

Back
Top Bottom