Earbuds that stay in your ears | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Earbuds that stay in your ears

I would highly recommend the Liberate 2.0- if you want wind protection/music. I would keep using them today if I could actually hear them over my exhaust...lol These come with a few different tips, 2 sets of the memory foam ones and 2 sets of flanged style. No issues of them staying put with the memory foam. I'm gonna give the flanged a try to see if i can hear my music again.

I actually have a 2nd pair in a box sitting here if someone wants to buy them from me at cost.

I dont think it would work either with my setup, as my exhaust is also quite loud :(.

I feel your pain @Dr.Manhattan.
I have tried many types. My current 'fully wireless' are the Sony WF-1000XM4.
They will not stay in while riding.

The best that I have found are the Sennheiser Momentum Free, I currently use these on the bike.

I replaced the standard tips with triple trees and now they stay secure. Unfortunately, they are no longer made.
There may be something similar from other companies.

I actually like Sennheister and I found these on Amazon. Again it does look like they jut out a fair bit from the ear though which is my issue, so when I slide my helmet on its going to just pull them out of my ears. Might be worth looking into though...

With my exhaust as loud as it is, I don't think I'd be able to hear much. Unless the music is right in my ears it would be drowned out.

changing the speaker position just a few mm works wonders for me. I can hear the music easily with whatever noise is going on even droning at max on the highway.

changing the speaker position just a few mm works wonders for me. I can hear the music easily with whatever noise is going on even droning at max on the highway.
and everytime someone says this i buy another cardo...will it be attempt #3 for me?

I’ve really liked the Shure line of earbuds. I could use my Shure e215’s for about 8 hours and then my ears would start to hurt, so that’s the only reason I switched to a Cardo Pactalk Bold set-up.

The Shures do an excellent job of blocking wind noise too.

If you can find a set of the Etymotic er-6i’s, those are the best I’ve ever used for moto riding long distances.

These are all corded and not sure if the Shures are now sold as wireless.

One more Sure fan here. Through this forum I learned all about it - use now Sure 215 Bluetooth wireless version with these in-ear sleeves - solid as it could be, and sound isolation is the best.

31+RlWc4JQL._AC_.jpg

To be taken with a grain of salt, because I haven't tried with a helmet.. but for what it's worth, I too have trouble with ear buds staying in my ears. For regular listening, I had the old wired version of the Google Pixel Buds that I really liked because it had this little loop that slotted in to the...crevice? Of your ear.. and they stayed in there great.

They have since released a new wireless version (Pixel Buds 2? I think) that I have been wanting to try eventually. They don't have the loop, but a hook that kind of flares out that I'm assuming has the same effect. Also as opposed to the last version, they have that silicone type tip for a better seal. They also look fairly low profile and don't stick out too much.

Could be worth a Google/YouTube to see if the reviews sound like something that could work for you

I skimmed through replies and haven't seen any mention Monster Archive 100 earbuds. I highly recommend them.
They are cheap and very good quality. I have them just for under my helmet. The only pair that ever suited me.
They are noise cancelling as well.
The first time my wife called me while I was wearing them I answered by loudly saying, "I'm on the bike. You won't be able to hear me." She replied, "I can hear you just fine. Why are you shouting?" lol
I lost the charger at one time, and waited a few days for it to turn up. When it didn't, I ordered the same pair because they work great and I'd have spare buds if I lose one. Weird thing is that it turned up on a table about a week and a half later with no explanation of how. Now I have two sets.
Half price right now:

and everytime someone says this i buy another cardo...will it be attempt #3 for me?
I have Sena and I don’t think I will be buying another “helmet bluetooth device” unless I will need to communicate with a group.

Honestly, at the asking price the value I’m getting is super low.

I have Sena and I don’t think I will be buying another “helmet bluetooth device” unless I will need to communicate with a group.

indeed. hence why i've sold it twice.

I have three Sena versions and they all work really well but spending time moving the speakers tiny amounts pays off. When you hit the sweet spot the volume and clarity really increases.

Have to also agree with this, current pricing is lunacy. Save some $$$ by ordering from Germany though.

I skimmed through replies and haven't seen any mention Monster Archive 100 earbuds. I highly recommend them.
They are cheap and very good quality. I have them just for under my helmet. The only pair that ever suited me.
They are noise cancelling as well.
The first time my wife called me while I was wearing them I answered by loudly saying, "I'm on the bike. You won't be able to hear me." She replied, "I can hear you just fine. Why are you shouting?" lol
I lost the charger at one time, and waited a few days for it to turn up. When it didn't, I ordered the same pair because they work great and I'd have spare buds if I lose one. Weird thing is that it turned up on a table about a week and a half later with no explanation of how. Now I have two sets.
Half price right now:
These look about the exact same size as the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 which jut out too much. Have you compared them to those by chance?

I have three Sena versions and they all work really well but spending time moving the speakers tiny amounts pays off. When you hit the sweet spot the volume and clarity really increases.
Yeah, it works well and I have SRL2, that is integrated into my Shoei helmet, and I absolutely love the fact that it’s integrated, but at $400+… I would be better with some noise canceling earbuds for half the price, I think.

Last edited:
I dont think it would work either with my setup, as my exhaust is also quite loud :(.
Whelp I tried the flanges. Mission accomplished, had the iPhone at 20% volume on the way out to BurgeRR. I’m extremely satisfied.

I wear earplugs and use the speakers. It may not be super fidelic but I can hear my music fine and the plugs cut out the wind noise. I’ve been playing with the idea of using the earplugs with inserts to block low frequency noise so the music would sound even better too.
Me too, my BT speakers are thin, they fit nicely into the speaker recesses of my Schuberth. They have a boom mike that works great too.

Yoh cant beat speakers, buds just aren't made for motorcycling.

Whelp I tried the flanges. Mission accomplished, had the iPhone at 20% volume on the way out to BurgeRR. I’m extremely satisfied.
Thanks for the heads up Exo. I bought the Liberate 2.0 tonight. I'll let you know how it works when it comes in.

Next step for me might be hearing aids.
Good news is they'll Bluetooth to your music.
Bad news is it's costly if you lose one.

Back
Top Bottom