Dyno Tuning Shop Specialize in Triumph? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dyno Tuning Shop Specialize in Triumph?

Rnoodles

Looking to tune my Daytona 675, no local tuners have mentioned on their website in regards to triumphs. im sure they will tune it but a shop who is very familiar would be ideal. I am leaning towards and trying to get a hold of Ryan at Condor Racing. Any suggestions ?

Pro 6 did both of my 2014 Triumph Daytona 675rs and both made 116hp I forget the torque think it was in the 60s lb ft. At the time I just put a power commander and hindle exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What module are you using to tune?
Power commander, bazzazz, tuneEcu?
I'm interested as well.

Spoke to z1 cycle tech, he knows triumphs and tuneecu. But he warned against dynovtuning by tuneECU (even though he could) because it's far more involved (ie. more labour $$ and wear and tear on the bike) and convinced me a power commander is the way to go. Still not sure if I want to hook up a fuel management system on the bike. So far I've only got pipes going on the bike and one of the canned TuneECU maps should be fine...for now.

So save yourself the coin and just get the cable and download tuneecu and do it yourself.

By the way what year is your 675? 2014 and up you can't load a map with tune ecu!

GP bikes has the ability to reflash the ecu with any available Triumph tune depending on mods.
They flashed my bike after i had the arrow exhaust installed.

Spoke to z1 cycle tech, he knows triumphs and tuneecu. But he warned against dynovtuning by tuneECU (even though he could) because it's far more involved (ie. more labour $$ and wear and tear on the bike) and convinced me a power commander is the way to go. Still not sure if I want to hook up a fuel management system on the bike. So far I've only got pipes going on the bike and one of the canned TuneECU maps should be fine...for now.

I run a PCV piggybacked to my Kawi kit ecu that was tuned by Z1. The resolution is better with the PCV and it's easier then doing it through the kit software. I'm not sure how the resolution is with the tune ecu stuff but that was the major selling point.

Unless you have a Dyno you won't be able to tune the bike as well as a tuner can with a Dyno.

I run a PCV piggybacked to my Kawi kit ecu that was tuned by Z1. The resolution is better with the PCV and it's easier then doing it through the kit software. I'm not sure how the resolution is with the tune ecu stuff but that was the major selling point.

Unless you have a Dyno you won't be able to tune the bike as well as a tuner can with a Dyno.
exactly. I'm a firm believer in dynotuning and judging by the # of people that dyno through tuneECU on the triumphrat forum led me to believe this was the easiest and best way since it's an open ECU and I didn't want to permanently alter the electrics. But after speaking to a real and very reputable tuner and having the process explained to me, I understand why the PC is way easier and yields more consistent results. He said he COULD use tuneECU (similar to what another reputable shop said "we can do whatever you want, it's your bike"), but things you don't consider is dyno time, wearing the motor and tires.

Back
Top Bottom