Dunlop Sportmax Slicks or just really worn down tires? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dunlop Sportmax Slicks or just really worn down tires?

IXFe

Site Supporter
Saw this earlier today. I think the photo was taken in Barrie this weekend.

Are racetrack slicks even street legal in Ontario?

ssxnhdplwcjb1.jpg

Pic of the DOT stamp?
Not legal regardless. Because rain.
Unless the tire is clearly marked 'not for highway use' it is road legal.
And FYI, the tires in the original pic aren't slicks, they have a minimal, vestigial tread except for the guy who's bike is leaning against the fence.

It doesn't have a legal plate, turn signals or exhaust either - I don't think they're bothered

Not legal, but I once street rode a set of slicks I got free when I was first starting out. Back then my idea of riding was commuting to school, going shopping, or hanging out at Weston Rd and Finch, but never rode in the rain. My kickstand leaned my bike more than I did, so it was no big deal. Until one day it rained while I was already out. I was scared out of my mind on the way back to Mississauga on the 401 from Yorkdale Mall, but in retrospect, it was still no big deal - it would need to be a massive downpour with pooling like a few nights ago to be a problem. Racers can stay out on slicks when it starts raining until a certain point. Not to say I recommend it - follow the law. LOL.

Was it on gtam yrs back?.........someone bought up race scrub slicks and carved a tread pattern in them. Ran them on the street.

Where about is it in Barrie? I want to hang out and have lunch there maybe this coming Saturday or Sunday

Was it on gtam yrs back?.........someone bought up race scrub slicks and carved a tread pattern in them. Ran them on the street.

Not me, but I do know someone who still does that. He either starts off with brand new ones, or uses the ones off his race bike.

Back
Top Bottom