Dumbest thing you have done. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dumbest thing you have done.

In trying to remove the main jet from a 65 yamaha carb, i hammered the wrong way and cracked the carb body. Still looking for replacement.

I've only ever dropped a bike once. Diagnosing a ABS light I thought to clean the wheel sensor so I put the kickstand on a piece of wood to straighten up the bike so I could get at the sensor easier on left side. Was good until I turned the bars to the right to get at the caliper not remembering that the bike would go further to the right. Bike flopped on its right side the second I put my hands on the left side caliper. A 800lb bagger falls really hard on the garage when it falls I now know.
I no longer work on expensive or dangerous things when I'm over tired.

My driveway has an incline to it.
On Sunday I start the bike up and roll it out on the driveway, pointed downhill and I left the wheel straight.
Turn around to close the garage door and I hear a scraping sound and a big crash. The bike had rolled forward which collapsed the kickstand.
Broken clutch lever, fk'd up left side mirror and lots of small scratches.

So ****** at myself.

Back in University a buddy and i decided to grab some pedal bikes and some heavy duty mops and have a go at jousting in the dark. First pass was ok , second one he caught me full in the face. The alcohol level in my body ensured I felt no real pain but vison was a little blurry in one eye. Quickly realised that one lens of my glasses was missing and so we headed back to residence to get a flashlight so we could search for it. The look of horror on the face of the first person we saw indicated that something might be up. A quick look in a mirror showed my face covered in blood and a large piece of the missing lens embedded in my lower eyelid. Thankfully due to the luck that seems to go with being drunk and young, there was no permanent damage to my eye

My driveway has an incline to it.
On Sunday I start the bike up and roll it out on the driveway, pointed downhill and I left the wheel straight.
Turn around to close the garage door and I hear a scraping sound and a big crash. The bike had rolled forward which collapsed the kickstand.
Broken clutch lever, fk'd up left side mirror and lots of small scratches.

So ****** at myself.
Oh man, sorry to hear this, your bike's kickstand has quite a forward slant to it, so I'm surprised...must be a heckuva incline on your driveway...mine is the same but nowhere near to the point where the bike could roll forward and lose the kickstand...anyway, I feel for ya, the love you have for your ride is evident.

Back in University a buddy and i decided to grab some pedal bikes and some heavy duty mops and have a go at jousting in the dark. First pass was ok , second one he caught me full in the face. The alcohol level in my body ensured I felt no real pain but vison was a little blurry in one eye. Quickly realised that one lens of my glasses was missing and so we headed back to residence to get a flashlight so we could search for it. The look of horror on the face of the first person we saw indicated that something might be up. A quick look in a mirror showed my face covered in blood and a large piece of the missing lens embedded in my lower eyelid. Thankfully due to the luck that seems to go with being drunk and young, there was no permanent damage to my eye
That's pretty creative, when I was that age, me and the buds would fire roman candles at each other across the lawn. No eye injuries.

Oh man, sorry to hear this, your bike's kickstand has quite a forward slant to it, so I'm surprised...must be a heckuva incline on your driveway...mine is the same but nowhere near to the point where the bike could roll forward and lose the kickstand...anyway, I feel for ya, the love you have for your ride is evident.
gravity sucks.

New bikes cheat, they have 'hill hold assist'. Double tap the brake lever while stopped and the rear calipers bite the rotor to hold you in place. I love it, i even use it on flat ground at the lights.

Back
Top Bottom